It is the penultimate square for 2017 - one of my favorite words. And this is going to be a lot of people's favorite square! I'm so happy to share MooglyCAL Block #23, courtesy of my friend Kara at Petals to Picots!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
First some important links:
- What on earth is all this about?! CLICK HERE!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE – Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators!
The 2017 Moogly CAL Schedule
1) January 5 - Fantastic!; 2) January 19 - Danyel's Square
3) February 2 - Crumpets and Tea; 4) February 16 - Crossed Square
5) March 2 - All Aflutter; 6) March 16 - Vintage Garden; 7) March 30 - Beach Ball
8) April 13 -Simbelmyne; 9) April 27- Buds-a-Blooming
10) May 11- Summer Wood; 11) May 25 - Shells a Flutter
12) June 8 - Mock Bullion Flames; 13) June 22 - Ombre Flower Garden Square
14) July 6 - Cabled Blooms; 15) July 20 - Autumn Sun
16) August 3 - Sunflower Square; 17) August 17 - Layered Dahlia; 18) August 31 - Botanical Garden
19) September 14 - Pixel Heart; 20) September 28 - Ziggidy Zag Summer Square
21) October 12 - Dizzy Corner Afghan Square; 22) October 26 - Mitered Blanket Square;
23) November 9 - THIS POST; November 22
Block #23: Aubrieta Bloom Afghan Square by Petals to Picots! (link below)
Above is the original made in 4 colors! Below, you can see my version, made with my 6 colors!
This pattern is free - CLICK HERE! To print or download the pattern for free, open a second tab on your browser to PrintFriendly.com and enter the URL there. If you need help with Print Friendly, please see the tutorial here.
This pattern is wonderfully written, and fun to crochet - a very satisfying square indeed!
My square was coming out just a hair too small, so I added one more round of single crochet, just like the last round of the written pattern. That got me right to 12" when blocked. But everyone's gauge and tension level are different so be sure to measure as you go, and check your gauge. Learn how to adjust for size HERE to make sure all your squares are the same size. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
I used a Furls Odyssey hook and Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color scheme was as follows – Rnd 1-4: Rose Shocking; Rnd 5-6: Lemon; Rnd 7: Radiant Lime; Rnd 8: Aquamarine; Rnd 9: Aqua; Rnd 10: Radiant Lime; Rnd 11: Aquamarine; Rnd 12: Radiant Lime; Rnd 13: Silver Grey; Extra Rnd: Silver Grey.
Thanks so much for crocheting along with me! I can't wait to see all the beautiful blankets you crochet this year! You can follow Moogly on Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr, and don't forget to sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page! Thank you to Lion Brand Yarn for providing the yarn for this crochet along.