It's the Final Countdown (do do do doooo)! Four squares to go, starting today, with this fantastic and unique square by Andee Graves of Mamas2Hands!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
First some important links:
- Just getting started? Welcome! Now... CLICK HERE!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE – Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators!
The 2017 Moogly CAL Schedule
1) January 5 - Fantastic!; 2) January 19 - Danyel's Square
3) February 2 - Crumpets and Tea; 4) February 16 - Crossed Square
5) March 2 - All Aflutter; 6) March 16 - Vintage Garden; 7) March 30 - Beach Ball
8) April 13 -Simbelmyne; 9) April 27- Buds-a-Blooming
10) May 11- Summer Wood; 11) May 25 - Shells a Flutter
12) June 8 - Mock Bullion Flames; 13) June 22 - Ombre Flower Garden Square
14) July 6 - Cabled Blooms; 15) July 20 - Autumn Sun
16) August 3 - Sunflower Square; 17) August 17 - Layered Dahlia; 18) August 31 - Botanical Garden
19) September 14 - Pixel Heart; 20) September 28 - Ziggidy Zag Summer Square
21) October 12 - THIS POST; October 26
November 9; November 22
Block #21: Dizzy Corner Afghan Square by Mamas2Hands! (link below)
Above is the original made in 4 colors! Below, you can see my version, made with my 6 colors!
This pattern is free - CLICK HERE! To print or download the pattern for free, open a second tab on your browser to PrintFriendly.com and enter the URL there. If you need help with Print Friendly, please see the tutorial here.
This pattern features a lot of fun techniques! Be sure to follow the instructions to add the stitch markers when starting the spiral - those are super helpful. Also, be sure to read the Rnd 5 instructions *very carefully*. It's an easy enough pattern, but it does require attention. One more tip I would add would be to use another stitch marker in the "other" loop when making the spiral so you don't accidentally pull your stitches out as you work.
My square was coming out a little large, so I just omitted second round of edging, and then it came out to 12" exactly! But everyone's gauge and tension level are different so be sure to measure as you go, and check your gauge. Learn how to adjust for size HERE to make sure all your squares are the same size. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
I used a Furls Odyssey hook and Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color scheme was as follows – Rnd 1-5: Color A - Rose Shocking, Color B - Lemon; Row 6-7: Radiant Lime; Row 8-10: Aquamarine; Row 11 - Aqua; Row 12-14: Rose Shocking; Row 15: Lemon; Row 16-18: Radiant Lime; Row 19: Aquamarine; Row 20-22: Aqua; Row 23-Edging Rnd 1: Silver Grey; Edging Rnd 2: Skipped for size, but would have used Silver Grey.
Thanks so much for crocheting along with me! I can't wait to see all the beautiful blankets you crochet this year! You can follow Moogly on Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr, and don't forget to sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page! Thank you to Lion Brand Yarn for providing the yarn for this crochet along.