It’s the 10th on the 11th! Confused? It’s the 10th block of the 2017 Moogly Crochet Along – debuting on May 11th! Which tripped me up way too many times when trying to write this up – thankfully, Kathy from ELK Studio kept both the dates and the sides of this gorgeous square straight!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
First a quick summary and some important links:
- No need to sign up/officially join – just jump in and start crocheting! Work at your own pace. To learn more about the yarn used for this CAL and other details CLICK HERE!
- The blocks will stay free online forever. Each post will have links to all past block posts as well as the newest block.
- Each 12″ square is designed in worsted/aran weight yarn, with a US-J, 6.0 mm hook. If you choose a different yarn weight/hook size, your blocks will be a different size, but as long as you are consistent, then the blocks should be too! For example, with DK weight yarn, you should get blocks that are about 10″ in size. Get creative with color and make it your own!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE – all full of help and camaraderie! Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators! It’s a great place to go if you need more help with a particular design!
The 2017 Moogly CAL Schedule
(click the link to go to that square!)
January 5 – Fantastic!; January 19 – Danyel’s Square
February 2 – Crumpets and Tea; February 16 – Crossed Square
March 2 – All Aflutter; March 16 – Vintage Garden; March 30 – Beach Ball
April 13 -Simbelmyne; April 27- Buds-a-Blooming
May 11- THIS POST; May 25
June 8; June 22
July 6; July 20
August 3; August 17; August 31
September 14; September 28
October 12; October 26
November 9; November 22
Block #10: Summer Wood Square by ELK Studio! (link below)
Above is the original, made in 4 enchanting colors. Below, you can see my version, made with my 6 colors!
- This pattern is free – CLICK HERE – look for the green Print Friendly button at the bottom of her post!
- This pattern is deceptively simple and elegant – like so many of Kathy’s designs! Easy to read and make, and gotta love the results. There’s even a chart! Love that!
- I’m a tight crocheter, so I had to add a couple rounds to get to 12″ – I just maintained the established pattern for an additional two rounds, and finished with Round 10 as written. But everyone’s gauge and tension level are different so be sure to measure as you go! Learn how to adjust for size HERE to make sure all your squares are the same size. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- Techniques you can use with this square if you’d like, and tutorials you might find helpful: Post Stitches; Seamless Join.
- I used a Furls Odyssey hook and Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color scheme was as follows – Rnd 1: Rose Shocking; Rnd 2: Lemon; Rnd 3: Radiant Lime; Rnd 4: Aquamarine; Rnd 5: Aqua; Rnd 6: Rose Shocking; Rnd 7: Lemon; Rnd 8: Radiant Lime; Rnd 9: Aquamarine; Extra Rnd 1: Aqua; Extra Rnd 2: Rose Shocking; Rnd 10: Silver Grey.
- To block this post, I used the wet blocking method and a Chetnanigans BlocksAll Ultra blocking board:
Thanks so much for crocheting along with me! I can’t wait to see all the beautiful blankets you crochet this year! You can follow Moogly on Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr, and don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page! Thank you to Lion Brand Yarn for providing the yarn for this crochet along.