March is a special month in the Moogly Afghan Crochet Along - five Thursdays mean three blocks this month! That won't happen again til August, so let's get right to it - block #6 in the MooglyCAL2017!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
First a quick summary and some important links:
- No need to sign up/officially join – just jump in and start crocheting! Work at your own pace. To learn more about the yarn used for this CAL and other details CLICK HERE!
- The blocks will stay free online forever. Each post will have links to all past block posts as well as the newest block.
- Each 12″ square is designed in worsted/aran weight yarn, with a US-J, 6.0 mm hook. If you choose a different yarn weight/hook size, your blocks will be a different size, but as long as you are consistent, then the blocks should be too! For example, with DK weight yarn, you should get blocks that are about 10″ in size. Get creative with color and make it your own!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE – all full of help and camaraderie! Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators! It’s a great place to go if you need more help with a particular design!
The 2017 Moogly CAL Schedule
(click the link to go to that square!)
January 5 - Fantastic!; January 19 - Danyel's Square
February 2 - Crumpets and Tea; February 16 - Crossed Square
March 2 - All Aflutter; March 16 - THIS POST; March 30
April 13; April 27
May 11; May 25
June 8; June 22
July 6; July 20
August 3; August 17; August 31
September 14; September 28
October 12; October 26
November 9; November 22
Block #6: Vintage Garden by Danyel Pink Designs (link below)
Above is the original, made in 3 colors. Below, you can see my version, made with 6 colors!
- This pattern is free - CLICK HERE FOR THE PATTERN - to print or download for free, open a new tab to PrintFriendly.com and enter the pattern URL there.
- This pattern is easy to crochet, and I love how the rows halfway through the pattern look like a little picket fence right around the garden! So clever!
- I did come up just the tiniest bit short (which is very normal for me), so I bumped up Round 11 to dc instead of sc, and that got me right to 12". Everyone is different so be sure to measure as you go! Learn how to adjust for size HERE to make sure all your squares are the same size. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- Techniques you can use with this square if you'd like, and tutorials you might find helpful: Magic Circle; Keeping a Magic Circle Closed; Post Stitches; Standing Double Crochet; Chainless Starting Double Crochet; Seamless Join.
- I used a Furls Odyssey hook and Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color scheme was as follows – Rnd 1-2: Rose Shocking; Rnd 3-4: Lemon; Rnd 5-6: Radiant Lime; Rnd 7-8: Aquamarine; Rnd 9-10: Aqua; Rnd 11: Silver Grey.
- To block this post, I used the wet blocking method and a Chetnanigans BlocksAll Ultra blocking board - CLICK HERE to learn how to block your squares!
Thanks so much for crocheting along with me! I can't wait to see all the beautiful blankets you crochet this year!
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr! Thank you to Lion Brand Yarn for providing the yarn for this Crochet Along.
Did you mean this to say Round 11? "so I bumped up Round 1 to dc instead of sc"
Round 1 is already dc.
Excited about this week's pattern!
Yes, sorry about that - I edited my notes! 🙂
Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your CAL! I love seeing everyone's beautiful squares, and I hope everyone enjoys this one!!
Thank you so much for designing such a lovely square!
I love getting the free patterns from Moogly. I want to make the numbered squares. Thank you for sharing your patterns. I have 3 projects going that I need to finish..
🙂 Thanks so much Marilyn! You can always get the links to past squares in the center schedule section. 🙂
I apparently have been working a lot lately because I completely missed the email for this square. Guess I'll be working on two. LOL
Ah well, extra things to crochet is always nice! (except the week before Christmas hahaha)