We've made it to the end of another yearly Moogly CAL! In the coming weeks, I'll be joining and edging my squares, and I'll share the finished blanket along with details for the 2018 CAL - that's right, we're keeping it going for next year! But first, let's get to the last block for 2017, MooglyCAL Block #24, courtesy of my friend Linda at Linda Dean Crochet!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
First some important links:
- What on earth is all this about?! CLICK HERE!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE – Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators!
The 2017 Moogly CAL Schedule
1) January 5 - Fantastic!; 2) January 19 - Danyel's Square
3) February 2 - Crumpets and Tea; 4) February 16 - Crossed Square
5) March 2 - All Aflutter; 6) March 16 - Vintage Garden; 7) March 30 - Beach Ball
8) April 13 -Simbelmyne; 9) April 27- Buds-a-Blooming
10) May 11- Summer Wood; 11) May 25 - Shells a Flutter
12) June 8 - Mock Bullion Flames; 13) June 22 - Ombre Flower Garden Square
14) July 6 - Cabled Blooms; 15) July 20 - Autumn Sun
16) August 3 - Sunflower Square; 17) August 17 - Layered Dahlia; 18) August 31 - Botanical Garden
19) September 14 - Pixel Heart; 20) September 28 - Ziggidy Zag Summer Square
21) October 12 - Dizzy Corner Afghan Square; 22) October 26 - Mitered Blanket Square;
23) November 9 - Aubrieta Bloom Afghan Square; 24) November 22- THIS POST
Block #24: Deborah's Diamond Square by Linda Dean Crochet! (link below)
Above is the original made in 4 colors! Below, you can see my version, made with my 6 colors!
This pattern is free - CLICK HERE! To print or download the pattern for free, open a second tab on your browser to PrintFriendly.com and enter the URL there. If you need help with Print Friendly, please see the tutorial here.
This pattern is the perfect square to make over the long holiday weekend - not too easy, not too hard, just right! And the end result is classic and modern, the ideal ending to our square stories this year.
My square was coming out just a hair too small, so I bumped up the last round to dc and hdc sts, rather than the hdc and sc sts called for. That got me right to 12" when blocked. But everyone's gauge and tension level are different so be sure to measure as you go, and check your gauge. Learn how to adjust for size HERE to make sure all your squares are the same size. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
I used a Furls Odyssey hook and Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color scheme was as follows – Rnd 1: Rose Shocking; Rnd 2: Lemon; Rnd 3: Radiant Lime; Rnd 4: Aquamarine; Rnd 5: Aqua; Rnd 6: Rose Shocking; Rnd 7: Lemon; Rnd 8: Radiant Lime; Rnd 9: Aquamarine; Rnd 10: Aqua; Rnd 11: Rose Shocking; Rnd 12: Lemon; Rnd 13: Radiant Lime; Rnd 14: Silver Grey.
READY TO START JOINING AND EDGING?
Thanks so much for crocheting along with me! I can't wait to see all the beautiful blankets you crochet this year! You can follow Moogly on Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr, and don't forget to sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page! Thank you to Lion Brand Yarn for providing the yarn for this crochet along.dsf