Welcome back for square #3 for the 2017 Moogly Afghan Crochet Along! Please be sure to read the whole post before you get started with the latest square!
First a quick summary and some important links:
- No need to sign up/officially join – just jump in and start crocheting! Work at your own pace. To learn more about the yarn used for this CAL and other details CLICK HERE!
- The blocks will stay free online forever. Each post will have links to all past block posts as well as the newest block.
- Each 12″ square is designed in worsted/aran weight yarn, with a US-J, 6.0 mm hook. If you choose a different yarn weight/hook size, your blocks will be a different size, but as long as you are consistent, then the blocks should be too! For example, with DK weight yarn, you should get blocks that are about 10″ in size. Get creative with color and make it your own!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE – all full of help and camaraderie! Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators! It’s a great place to go if you need more help with a particular design!
The 2017 Moogly CAL Schedule
January 5 - Fantastic!; January 19 - Danyel's Square
February 2 - THIS POST; February 16
March 2; March 16; March 30
April 13; April 27
May 11; May 25
June 8; June 22
July 6; July 20
August 3; August 17; August 31
September 14; September 28
October 12; October 26
November 9; November 22
Block #3: Crumpets and Tea Square by Cre8tion Crochet (link below)
Above is the original, made in 4 colors. Below, you can see my version, made with 6 colors!
- This pattern is free - CLICK HERE FOR THE PATTERN - to print a free copy for personal use, open a second tab to PrintFriendly.com and paste the pattern URL there, or cut and paste the pattern into a word document.
- This pattern was a lot of fun to make, and I love how the colors came together. There are photos included in the pattern to make it easier too!
- I did come up just the tiniest bit short, so I worked Rnd 12 as dc instead of sc, which got me right to 12". Everyone is different so be sure to measure as you go! Learn how to adjust for size HERE to make sure all your squares are the same size. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- Techniques you can use with this square: Magic Circle; Keeping a Magic Circle Closed; Post Stitches; Standing Double Crochet; Chainless Starting Double Crochet; Seamless Join.
- I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color scheme was as follows – Rnd 1: Rose Shocking; Rnd 2: Lemon; Rnd 3: Radiant Lime; Rnd 4: Aquamarine; Rnd 5-6: Aqua; Rnd 7: Rose Shocking; Rnd 8: Lemon; Rnd 9: Radiant Lime; Rnd 10: Aquamarine; Rnd 11: Aqua; Rnd 12: Silver Grey.
- To block this post, I used the wet blocking method - CLICK HERE to learn how to block your squares!
Thanks so much for crocheting-along with me! I can't wait to see all the beautiful blankets you crochet this year!