It’s the final block for 2015 – all that’s left after this is to join the blocks and finish our blankets! Thank you all so much for CAL-ing with me this year! And Happy Thanksgiving!!
If you’re late to the CAL, don’t worry – you’ll find links to all the previous posts for the CAL in the schedule below! The designers have promised they’ll stay free forever, so you can catch up into 2016, 2017… whenever you like. If this is the first you’ve heard of the 2015 Moogly Afghan CAL, please CLICK HERE to read how it works!
A giant tremendous thank you to Elke Wellens who provided Dutch translations to all the designers – if you speak Dutch, check out the Dutch speaking Moogly CAL Facebook group! And thank you to gtcmom on Ravelry, our volunteer tech editor!
And finally a big thank you to allatti2d, Angela2011, HelenJE, and Patricia-R-S, who moderated the Ravelry group for the 2015 Moogly CAL! Even though after 2015 the group may not be active, it will be a fantastic reference, so be sure to visit if you have questions with any of the squares.
The 2015 Moogly CAL Schedule
January 8 – Tamara’s Kismet Square
January 22 – Starburst Square
February 5 – Windmill Square
February 19 – Family Square
March 5 – Unbroken Hearts
March 19 – Solstice Sun Rising
April 2 – Pinwheel Afghan Square
April 16 – Springtime Lily Pond Square
April 30 – Spring Burst
May 14 – Whimsical Penelope’s Merry Go Round
May 28 – Never Ending Wildflower
June 11 – Criss Cross Applesauce
June 25 – Granny’s Shining Star
July 9 – Tamara 12″ Square
July 23 – Cupcake Celebration Square
August 6 – Lilies on the Water
August 20 – Esme’s Winter Cottage
September 3 – Colorburst Afghan Square
September 17 – Dream Circle
October 1 – French Corner
October 15 – Love Garden
October 29 – Whirlwind Afghan Square
November 12 – Picot Flowers
November 25 – THIS POST
Above is Kati’s square, in 3 colors! Here’s the one I made, using all 6 of my colors. Alas, with the busy holiday season, I didn’t get a chance to block it before I photographed it, but it still looks great!
Now for my notes!
- To print this pattern or create a downloadable PDF, enter the pattern page URL into PrintFriendly.com.
- Be sure to read through the notes and special stitch instructions at the beginning of the pattern. There are lots of tutorial links that are very helpful!
- My square was coming out a little bit small, so I added a round of dc at the very end, and then it came out at 12″. But everyone is different so be sure to measure as you go! Learn more about adjusting for size HERE. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color order was as follows:
Square 1: Rnds 1-2: Mustard; Rnd 3: Raspberry; Rnd 4: Eggplant; Rnd 5: Aqua; Rnd 6: Eggplant; Rnd 7: Raspberry
Square 2: Rnds 1-2: Kelly Green; Rnd 3: Mustard; Rnd 4: Aqua; Rnd 5: Eggplant; Rnd 6: Aqua; Rnd 7: Raspberry
Square 3: Rnds 1-2: Aqua; Rnd 3: Kelly Green; Rnd 4: Mustard; Rnd 5: Raspberry; Rnd 6: Mustard; Rnd 7: Raspberry
Square 4: Rnds 1-2: Eggplant; Rnd 3: Aqua; Rnd 4: Kelly Green; Rnd 5: Mustard; Rnd 6: Kelly Green; Rnd 7: Raspberry
Joining the squares was done with Raspberry, and the edging (plus the extra round of dc) was done with White.
- If this one isn’t to your taste, you can find a list of alternatives HERE, and another, newer list of alternatives HERE!
Thanks so much for crocheting-along with me! I’ll be sharing my finished blanket as soon as it’s done!