Block #22 is here, and we are in the final stages of the 2015 CAL! Please note that the last block will be shared on November 25th - a day early, due to American Thanksgiving!
If you're just now getting started, don't worry - you'll find links to all the previous posts for the CAL in the schedule below! Plus, they'll stay free forever, so you can catch up into 2016, 2017... whenever you like. If this is the first you've heard of the 2015 Moogly Afghan CAL, please CLICK HERE to read how it works! In summary, every 2 weeks I'll share a new free 12" crochet block pattern, and we'll all make them together. All the patterns will be free all year long, and we'll get to visit a variety of fantastic crochet blogs along the way!
Once again, I'd like to thank Elke Wellens who is providing Dutch translations to all the designers - if you speak Dutch, check out the Dutch speaking Moogly CAL Facebook group!
And a big thank you to allatti2d, Angela2011, HelenJE, and Patricia-R-S, who are moderating the Ravelry group for the 2015 Moogly CAL! Click either of those links to check the groups out! The Ravelry group is a BIG source of help if you need it! Even though after 2015 the group may not be active, it will be a fantastic reference, so be sure to visit if you have questions with any of the squares.
The post for each of the blocks will go live here on Moogly at 10am Central time on their specified date. Click the links in the schedule to catch up on past blocks!
The 2015 Moogly CAL Schedule
January 8 - Tamara's Kismet Square
January 22 - Starburst Square
February 5 - Windmill Square
February 19 - Family Square
March 5 - Unbroken Hearts
March 19 - Solstice Sun Rising
April 2 - Pinwheel Afghan Square
April 16 - Springtime Lily Pond Square
April 30 - Spring Burst
May 14 - Whimsical Penelope’s Merry Go Round
May 28 - Never Ending Wildflower
June 11 - Criss Cross Applesauce
June 25 - Granny's Shining Star
July 9 - Tamara 12" Square
July 23 - Cupcake Celebration Square
August 6 - Lilies on the Water
August 20 - Esme's Winter Cottage
September 3 - Colorburst Afghan Square
September 17 - Dream Circle
October 1 - French Corner
October 15 - Love Garden
October 29 - THIS POST
November 12 & 25
Above is Andee's square - moody and autumnal! Here's the one I made, using all 6 of my colors:
Now for my notes!
- To print this pattern or create a downloadable PDF, enter the pattern page URL into PrintFriendly.com.
- Be sure to read through the notes and instructions before the pattern. The use of stitch markers here is SO helpful!
- My square was coming out a little bit big, so I switched the last 2 rounds to sc and then it came out at 12" on the dot. But everyone is different so be sure to measure as you go! Learn more about adjusting for size HERE. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice, and my color order was as follows: For the spiral Rnds 1-9: Color A - Eggplant, Color B - Aqua, Color C - Kelly Green, Color D - Mustard; Rnd 10: Raspberry; Rnd 11: Eggplant; Rnd 12: Aqua; Rnd 13: Kelly Green; Rnd 14: Mustard; Rnd 15: Raspberry; Rnd 1: White.
- If this one isn't to your taste, you can find a list of alternatives HERE, and another, newer list of alternatives HERE!
Thanks so much for crocheting-along with me!
Is there anyway I can get all of these squares from Jan 8th just sent to my gmail without having to go to different links? My tablet keeps leaving the sight! Please help me!
I'm sorry, they are the copyrighted property of the designers, sending them out via email would be illegal.
Well thank you for your help anyway! I'll do my best then!
Hi Tamara - how many skeins of each color have been used to complete the entire project?
It looks like approximately 26 total, 6 of the whites, 4 of each of the colors. That will vary though, depending on joining and edging.
Got it................thank you!