Block #20 is here, and we’re officially in the home stretch! Even if you haven’t gotten started yet, there’s *still* time to join in, as blocks work up fast, and you’ll find links to all the previous posts for the CAL in the schedule below! Plus, they’ll stay free forever, so you can catch up into 2016. If this is the first you’ve heard of the 2015 Moogly Afghan CAL, please CLICK HERE to read how it works! In summary, every 2 weeks I’ll share a new free 12″ crochet block pattern, and we’ll all make them together. All the patterns will be free all year long, and we’ll get to visit a variety of fantastic crochet blogs along the way!
Once again, I’d like to thank Elke Wellens who is providing Dutch translations to all the designers – if you speak Dutch, check out the Dutch speaking Moogly CAL Facebook group! And a big thank you to allatti2d, Angela2011, HelenJE, and Patricia-R-S, who are moderating the Ravelry group for the 2015 Moogly CAL! Click either of those links to check the groups out! The Ravelry group is a BIG source of help if you need it!
The post for each of the blocks will go live here on Moogly at 10am Central time on their specified date. Click the links in the schedule to catch up on past blocks!
The 2015 Moogly CAL Schedule
January 8 – Tamara’s Kismet Square
January 22 – Starburst Square
February 5 – Windmill Square
February 19 – Family Square
March 5 – Unbroken Hearts
March 19 – Solstice Sun Rising
April 2 – Pinwheel Afghan Square
April 16 – Springtime Lily Pond Square
April 30 – Spring Burst
May 14 – Whimsical Penelope’s Merry Go Round
May 28 – Never Ending Wildflower
June 11 – Criss Cross Applesauce
June 25 – Granny’s Shining Star
July 9 – Tamara 12″ Square
July 23 – Cupcake Celebration Square
August 6 – Lilies on the Water
August 20 – Esme’s Winter Cottage
September 3 – Colorburst Afghan Square
September 17 – Dream Circle
October 1 – THIS POST
October 15 & 29
November 12 & 25
Above is the original, using her 3 colors – lovely and unique! Here’s the one I made, using all 6 of my colors:
Now for my notes!
- This pattern is unusual in it’s construction, as you can see! And it’s written in a way that assumes a bit more crochet experience, so be sure to take your time with this one. Tutorials that may help: How to join with a sc; Puff Stitches (aka hdc4tog clusters)
- To Print this pattern or create a downloadable PDF, enter the pattern page URL into PrintFriendly.com
- My square was turning out a little bit big, so I used dc sts for Row 12 rather than tr, and that put me at 12″. But everyone is different so be sure to measure as you go! Learn more about adjusting for size HERE. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color order was as follows: Rnd 1-3: Raspberry; Rnd/Row 1-4: Mustard; Row 5-8: Kelly Green; Row 9-10: Aqua; Row 11-12: Eggplant; Rnd 13: White.
- If this one isn’t to your taste, you can find a list of alternatives HERE, and another, newer list of alternatives HERE!
Thanks so much for crocheting-along with me!