How are we almost half way through the 2017 CAL already? Almost, but not quite yet… Today we’re enjoying the 11th block of the 2017 Moogly Crochet Along – courtesy of Amy Ramnarine of The Stitchin’ Mommy!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
First some important links:
- Just getting started? Welcome! Now… CLICK HERE!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE – Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators!
The 2017 Moogly CAL Schedule
(click the link to go to that square!)
January 5 – Fantastic!; January 19 – Danyel’s Square
February 2 – Crumpets and Tea; February 16 – Crossed Square
March 2 – All Aflutter; March 16 – Vintage Garden; March 30 – Beach Ball
April 13 -Simbelmyne; April 27- Buds-a-Blooming
May 11- Summer Wood; May 25 – THIS POST
June 8; June 22
July 6; July 20
August 3; August 17; August 31
September 14; September 28
October 12; October 26
November 9; November 22
Block #11: Shells A Flutter by The Stitchin’ Mommy! (link below)
Above is the original, made in 4 captivating colors. Below, you can see my version, made with my 6 colors!
- This pattern is free – CLICK HERE! To print or download the pattern for free, open a second tab on your browser to PrintFriendly.com and enter the URL there.
- This pattern is adventurous, exciting, and each round has something new to offer! It’s a lot of fun to follow the pattern and see it all come together. It did take a lot of blocking though – the Chetnanigans blocking board linked below was super handy for that!
- I got exactly 12″ as written! But everyone’s gauge and tension level are different so be sure to measure as you go! Learn how to adjust for size HERE to make sure all your squares are the same size. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- Techniques you can use with this square if you’d like, and tutorials you might find helpful: Magic Circle; Crossed Stitches; Join with sc; Join with hdc; Seamless Join.
- I used a Furls Odyssey hook and Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color scheme was as follows – Rnd 1-2: Rose Shocking; Rnd 3-4: Lemon; Rnd 5-6: Radiant Lime; Rnd 7-8: Aquamarine; Rnd 9: Aqua; Rnd 10: Rose Shocking; Rnd 11: Lemon; Rnd 12: Radiant Lime; Rnd 13: Aquamarine; Rnd 14: Aqua; Rnd 15: Rose Shocking; Rnd 16: Lemon; Rnd 17: Radiant Lime; Rnd 18: Silver Grey.
- To block this post, I used the wet blocking method and a Chetnanigans BlocksAll Ultra blocking board – see below!
Thanks so much for crocheting along with me! I can’t wait to see all the beautiful blankets you crochet this year! You can follow Moogly on Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr, and don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page! Thank you to Lion Brand Yarn for providing the yarn for this crochet along.