Halloween this year seems to be bigger than ever - I think I started seeing the decor in the stores in July! Well it's finally October, and that means the new spooky crochet patterns are dropping now too - so here are 10 new free Halloween crochet patterns for spooky season 2023!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.
Even More Halloween Crochet Patterns, from Years Gone By...
I've done a few Halloween crochet patterns, tutorials, and roundups over the years - check out these links for even more inspiration! Then, keep on scrolling to see what's new this year!
- Bat Earrings and Ghost Garlands
- Halloween Monster Candy Bucket
- Halloween Tentacle Candy Bowl
- Pom Pom Halloween Banner
- Baby Cocoon Halloween Costumes
- Baby's First Halloween Costumes
- Pet Halloween Costumes
- Crochet Halloween Accessories
- Crochet Halloween Decorations
- Crochet Halloween Costumes for Kids
- Ghost Squish
- How to Crochet a Witch's Hat
- Plush Puff Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Crochet Patterns
10 New Free Halloween Crochet Patterns
Here are 10 free crochet patterns from 2023 that have never been featured in a Moogly Halloween Roundup before!
- Plush Pumpkin Basket - A new Moogly Halloween pattern! Make this one in Bernat Plush Big, Bernat Plush, or whatever yarn strikes your fancy for a varied and useful pumpkin patch of your own!
- Bat Squish - Another new Moogly pattern, this squish joins the Ghost (linked above) in making the squishes a little spookier! Like all the squishes, it's made in Bernat Blanket!
- Crochet Bat Basket - This super cute new pattern from Repeat Crafter Me features Red Heart Super Saver and is perfect for holding all your favorite treats!
- Baby Jack's Bumblebee Romper and Hat - Click through to see how Daisy Farm Crafts turned a basic romper pattern into this adorable crochet baby costume set, with Bernat Softee Cotton!
- Crochet Ghostie Pillow - The design team at Yarnspirations used Caron One Pound to scare and delight us with the huggable spooky pal!
- Pumpkin Spice Drink Cozies - Bobbles and clever colorwork make this 3D coffee cozy perfect for fall, with Red Heart Super Saver!
- Newsboy Pumpkin Crochet Hat - Hats are like an instant costume - perfect for last-minute Halloween celebrations! This crochet pumpkin hat is made in Red Heart Super Saver, so you can run to the store or your stash and whip it up today!
- Crochet Gourds - Just a couple of weeks ago I made a video tutorial for the small pumpkin in this set - made with new Bernat Felted!
- Little Pumpkin Jar - Accent your decor all fall with this useful crochet jar, stitched in Lily Sugar’n Cream!
- Wednesday's Lace Collar and Cuffs - The show came out too late for Halloween 2022... so I'm thinking we'll see some Wednesdays this year! Adding these pieces made with Aunt Lydia's Classic 10 to any black outfit makes for a seriously quick costume!
- BONUS NEW KNIT PATTERN: My friend Marly Bird has a new one too, and I didn't want to leave it out, so here's one to knit - the Knit Pumpkin Patch!
Will there be still more Halloween crochet patterns to come this year? I'm sure of it! Have you spotted a new favorite this year? Before you go, be sure to add this pin to your favorite spooky season and Free Halloween Crochet Patterns Board so you can save all of these for later! Thanks for sharing!
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! And sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! Thank you to Yarnspirations for providing the materials for this post.