I got a fantastic roundup request just the other day, and I couldn't wait to put it together: Crochet costume cocoon sets! For babies, of course - cocoons don't make very good costumes for bigger kids. Though... nah, let's not go down that road this morning. Onward, to 10 free crochet cocoon costume patterns for babies!
10 Free Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
Click on the name of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Hat and Cocoon by Melody Adams, on Melody Crochet: Super cute! Be sure to check out this designer's headphones hat for another great baby costume idea!
- Patriotic Baby Cocoon and Hat by Salena Baca, on Red Heart: Super cute, and customizable too!
- Fleecy Cloud Cocoon and Beanie Set by Ira Rott, on Ravelry: Ira has crazy cute patterns, and this freebie is such a fun idea!
- Ladybug Baby Cocoon by Lorna Miser, on Red Heart: Pair it with one of these ladybug hats for a perfect set!
- Robot Baby Cocoon Set by Sandy Powers, on Ravelry: For the tech loving parental units!
- Mermaid Cocoon by Kim Guzman, on Red Heart: This mermaid tail has fantastic detailing!
- Berry Sweet Cocoon with Hat by JamieLee Crosby, on JamieLee Designs: It's always berry season with this sweet set!
- Butterfly Baby Blanket and Cocoon by Michele Wilcox, on Red Heart: This one will wrap them up super cozy - and the pictures will be amazing!
- Chiq Giraffe Cocoon by Mary Kathryn, on Crochet Chiq: Or use black and white to make a cow - this pattern is ready for your customization!
- Holiday Baby Cocoon by Kristine Mullen, on Red Heart: A Christmas cocoon as a Halloween pattern? Hey, you'll get that much more use out of it!
Aren't they cute? Cocoon costumes are great way to keep baby warm while the big kids trick or treat. And of course they're just the most adorable thing ever! So even if it's not Halloween season, you might want to make a few of these as photo props - because you'll want to get a picture of your little one in these free crochet patterns!