Oh sure, everybody dresses up the kids. Some adults even don costumes for Halloween. But what about the pets? Don’t let them miss out on the fun – even if we’re really the ones enjoying it most! Today’s roundup features 10 free crochet pet costume patterns that are sure to win your fur-baby a prize at the pet parade – and hopefully won’t have the cat plotting against you.
10 Free Crochet Pet Costume Patterns
Candy Corn Pet Sweater by DIY Maven: This one is designed for pets that are 12-20 lbs, but is easily adaptable to any size!This pattern is no longer available – click here for an alternative on MandaLynn’s Crochet Treasures!
- Blooming Dog by Linda Cyr, on Red Heart: This one fits right around the collar and is sized to fit dogs (or really big cats) with an 11-15″ neck.
- Dog’s Crochet Bumble Bee Costume by Sharon Mann on Coats & Clark: Offered in Small, Medium, and Large. This would be a fun one to pair with the Blooming Dog costume above if you’ve got two pets!
- Nyan Cat Pet Costume Crochet Pattern by Starling , on Craftyghoul: This… is hilarious and awesome. And not going to fly with every cat. But if you’re lucky you too can get away with this!
- Bowser Costume for a Box Turtle by Jennifer Olivarez, on Squirrel Picnic: Don’t leave the non-furry pets out! This fun pattern even includes a tutorial!
- Hot Dog Coat by Kj Hay, on Fave Crafts: So punny! This one is designed for pets with a chest circumference that measures approximately 15–20″, but I think an experienced crochet could scale this up or down pretty easily.
- My Pimp Paw is Strong by Stacy Mar, on Spindles and Spices: For the cat who likes to run the show… This designer actually has an entire series of knitted hats for pets called International Cat Hat!
- Dog’s Crochet Witch Costume by Sharon Mann, on Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores: Offered in the 3 sizes for the cape, and 1 size for the wee witch’s pointy hat!
- Puppy Pirate Hat by Nancy Anderson, on Red Heart: Directions included for 3 sizes – each full of ARRR! (The good kind of ARRR of course!)
- “Cat in The Hat” Dog Costume by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs: So funny! And Posh Pooch Designs has dozens of great pet patterns – be sure to browse them all!
Do you dress up your pets for Halloween? Have you made crocheted a pet costume pattern before? Share your thoughts in the comments and if you’re on Facebook be sure to come share your photos on the Moogly Facebook page!