Once you've got the costumes for the kids and adults all sorted, it's time to turn your attention to your home and office! Here are 10 free crochet Halloween decoration patterns to help make your surroundings spooktacular!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
- Halloween Pennants on Lion Brand - Customize your message and update your seasonal decor with pennants! They're right on trend right now and classic enough to be a great addition to your Halloween collection.
- Halloween Ghost Amigurumi Ravelry Download - This sweet little ghosty by Susan Burkhart is more cute than scary, but he's a welcome guest on any desk or table!
Trick or Treat Halloween Washcloths Ravelry Download - These free washcloth patterns by Pam Daley are fantastic!Simple enough for beginners and cute enough for everybody. Practical too! This pattern is no longer available, but you can get the look with this free Crochet Ghost Dishcloth on Yarnspirations!
- Boo!tiful Candy Bowl on Lion Brand - What's Halloween without the candy? This free pattern is fun, festive, and is sure to make the most of your stash. Crochet tightly or use a smaller hook to get really solid sides for your crochet candy dish.
- Spider in a Jar on Fun and Fang - This blog has got the Halloween spirit! And it's got some super cute patterns to celebrate. Once you've seen it, your crochet Halloween decorations collection will never be complete without your very own captive crocheted spider!
- Little Fall Pumpkin - This 5" wide pumpkin is the perfect size for any tablescape or little shelf. Keep it plain and it doubles as a Thanksgiving decoration. Add little felt or embroidered features and it makes a great Jack-o'-lantern!
- Zombie Phone Case - I love this way way way too much! Take your crochet Halloween decoration show on the road with this awesome creation!
- Halloween Crochet Wreath on FaveCrafts - There's more than crochet to this work of spookiness! You'll need a glue gun, googly eyes, wreath form, twigs, and more! But the end result is something everyone who visits will notice!
- Crochet Cobweb and Spider on Snowcatcher - This pattern is even more striking up close - the spider is incredible! And of course the web itself is perfect. The instructions on how to put it all together are really excellent too!
- Boo Ghosts on Talking Crochet - Beverly Mewhorter designed this fantastic trio of ghosts to scare you out of your witchy socks - or maybe charm you out of them instead! So cute!
There are so many ways to liven up your home or office for the scariest of holidays, it's impossible to cover them all here! But I think these 10 free patterns are some of the best out there. Celebrating the seasons is so much fun! Have you made crochet Halloween decorations before? What are some of your favorite patterns? Share them in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, sneak peeks, and more! Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr – come join the fun!
Jenn in Bama
Thanks for the link! This is a great collection of patterns. I especially love the candy bowl.
You are very welcome! Thanks for commenting! 😀
The Crafty nana
Thank you for the free patterns. Always greatly appreciated.
The Crafty Nana
The link for the boo ghosts doesn't seem to be working 🙁 Kudos on all of your other patterns! I love the ideas and new challenges! Thanks!
Sorry about that! I'll see if I can get it fixed!
The link for the Boo Ghosts isn't working. Thank you for the others.
Sorry about that Irene - I'll see if I can get it working!
Okay, the Boo Ghosts link is updated to the new URL! Thank you all for letting me know, I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank you very much. These are really cute as well.
OMG...I SOOO Love these decorations....
Thank you for sharing...
Love from Germany
I NEED that zombie phone case! So amazing! The spider in a jar is cute too. Thanks for all you do!
Ive just made the BOO ghosts and as a beginner at crochet found the pattern easy to follow - just the BOO I found fiddly but I managed it. I love it-thank you for sharing, posted a picture on your facebook page
It's wonderful Isabel! Thank you!
I would love to crochet the Boo Ghosts but I am having trouble with the arms . Just wondering if you could offer any tips . Thanks
nice patterns! cant wait till halloween.. 🙂
I am having trouble with the head and body rnd 7 what does 2 sts tog around join 12? I am new to this and would like to make this. I am reading it before I try to make it. I am making the Boo Ghosts.
Hi Trisha! That's a decrease, more often written as sc2tog - I have a video tutorial for it here: click here
I can't get ,the bar or the letters to come out. Can you help or do you have a video. I can not get the humos or circles to come out with open space thanks
Hi Peg! I'm afraid I can't figure out which of these patterns you're referring to?
I just sent email to email@example.com with photo. If you did not get it give me a new email address.
Hi Peg! I don't think that email will get to me - please use firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
Talking crochet. Trio of ghosts. With letters BOO crocheted.
Boo Ghosts. http://www.crochetmagazine.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/pages/TCNL_2508_
November 2000 crochet home and holiday
Thank you, that's super helpful!
Unfortunately, since it's not my pattern I don't have a video, and cannot make one (that would be illegal).
The Bar is the straight line in the B, and the humps are the U shapes that you sew to the bar to get the B.
So it's all about how you sew them on.
Or do you mean they aren't making a tube? If it's easier, you can start with a magic circle, and work the first round of sc sts into the ring. 🙂
Doest that help at all?
Sorry no. Tried that it comes out as a u shape. But no empty space in the middle of the hump pattern. It sits on bar as completely closed . My friend who is a good crocheter could not get the humps to be empty in the middle. She thought there was a mistake in pattern. Any ideas. I'd love to figure this out.
Thank you. When you said tube I got it. Nothing was said in her directions about tube crochet. She is a very poor pattern person. She should not be on your site. But you were great. Thanks. Peg
Ah, I'm so glad that helps!