The last couple of weeks I've asked for thoughts and ideas on what to go for next year's Crochet-a-long - and I've gotten so many great ones! It's going to be super hard to choose - maybe I'll make a poll! But back to this year's CAL, I know a lot of you are getting eager to start joining your squares - I'll be sharing some thoughts and ideas on that process within the next month or two. Ultimately it will be up to each individual though - so if you know what you want to do and have your layout sorted, then feel free to get joining. Now on to Block #18! And if this is the first you've heard of the 2014 Moogly Afghan Crochet-a-Long, then start HERE to read how it works!
Need to catch up? Here is the CAL schedule, with links to the previous blocks (click on the date to go to that blog post):
January 8th - Anticipation Mystery Square
September 4th - THIS POST
October 2nd, 16th, and 30th
November 13th and 25th
(Click the name of the pattern above to go to the page for this pattern - and be sure to check out the separate download for the step by step tutorial as well!)
Above is the original, made with 3 colors. Isn't it gorgeous? The puff stitch texture connect it to one of the March squares, and there's just so much interest! Below is mine, also made with 3 colors:
Now for my notes!
- Be sure to read the designer's Special Stitches descriptions - there are lots of them here!
- Air Crochet is the same thing as Standing Stitches.
- Moogly tutorials that might help you: Puff Stitch, Treble Crochet, Front Post Stitches, BLO, Standing Single Crochet, and Standing Double Crochet
- The pattern itself is well written, though I believe there may be a couple minor errors - or maybe it was just me. But here are the changes I made:
- Omit the last "ch 3" in Round 3
- Join to a center Puff in Round 10
- For Round 13 I went with Option B, after which I was at 11.5", so I added an additional row of sc, working 3 sc in each corner - be sure to take your own measurements!
- My color pattern was as follows: Round 1-3 Green; Round 4-5 Red; Round 6 - 8 Blue; Round 9 Green; Round 10 Red; Round 11 Blue; Round 12 Green; Round 13 (Option B) Red; (extra) Round 14 Green.