Come back again for Block #10! Welcome back all you crazy wonderful crocheters to the 2014 Moogly Afghan Crochet-a-Long. If this is the first you’ve heard of the CAL, don’t worry – it lasts til November, so there’s still time to catch up! Start HERE to read how it works, and then get to crocheting! For those who’ve been following along so far, read on!
Here is the CAL schedule, with links to the previous blocks (click on the date to go to that blog post):
January 8th – Anticipation Mystery Square
June 12th and 26th
July 10th and 24th
August 7th and 21st
September 4th and 18th
October 2nd, 16th, and 30th
November 13th and 25th
- This pattern isn’t formatted in the “usual” way, but it’s easy enough to read and comes with an extensive photo tutorial too!
- The adjustable ring that the pattern starts with is the same thing as the magic ring or magic circle, and you can find a Moogly tutorial for that HERE.
- For Round 9, the directions are to V st in each V st around – this means in every ch-1 sp (it gets a little confusing on the corners). You’ll have 52 V sts total.
- After Round 9, I was only at 11″ square, so I worked Round 10 in hdc instead of sc, but otherwise as directed.
- My color changes were as follows: Round 1 Red; Round 2 – 3 White; Round 4 Blue; Round 5 Green; Round 6 Blue; Round 7 Red; Round 8 White, Round 9 Blue, and Round 10 Green.