Our CAL is old enough to drink, haha! And you can feel free to pour yourself a cup of whatever floats your boats or totes your goats as you dive into the newest square - Block #21!
For those that are new to the Moogly Afghan CALs, here's how it works!
- No need to sign up/officially join - just jump in and start crocheting! If you come in late, you can start where we are and catch up with missed blocks as we go!
- A new block crochet pattern will be shared here on Moogly every 2 weeks, on Thursdays at 10am CST (the last one will be one day early due to American Thanksgiving). There is a schedule below, and the links will be added throughout the year. These will stay free online forever.
- I will link to the designer's pattern below, share a photo of my version of their block, and give any helpful notes that are appropriate.
- Each 12" square will be designed in worsted/aran weight yarn, with a 5.5mm hook. If you choose a different yarn weight/hook size, your blocks will be a different size, but as long as you are consistent, then the blocks should be too! For example, with DK weight yarn, you should get blocks that are about 10" in size.
- French translation PDFs will also be provided on each designer's site, courtesy of Véronique HoRaive! Merci Véronique!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE - all full of help and camaraderie! Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators!
The 2016 Moogly CAL Schedule
January 7 - Flame Square
January 21 - 3D Flower Granny Square
February 4 - Winter Bloom Afghan Square
February 18 - Cathedral Window Square
March 3 - Persphone's Garden
March 17 - Penelope's Skipping Stones
March 31 - Felicity Square
April 14 - May Flowers
April 28 - Vanna's Square
May 12 - Zinnia 12" Square
May 26 - Squared Ripples
June 9 - English Garden
June 23 - Southern Summertime Square
July 7 - Wishing Well 12" Square
July 21 - Rising Sun 12" Square
August 4 - Joyful Afghan Square
August 18 - Popcorn Lace 12" Square
September 1 - Lotus Flower Mandala Square
September 15 - The Trail Square
September 29- Festival of Fall Square
October 13 - THIS POST
Block #21: Fans and Lace Afghan Square by Andee Graves on Mamas2Hands: CLICK HERE to go to the pattern page but first, read my notes below! Here's Andee's square:
And here's the one I made, using all 6 of my colors:
Now for my notes!
- To print this pattern or create a downloadable PDF, open a second tab with PrintFriendly.com and paste the URL from the pattern there.
- This pattern was so fun to make! The instructions are extremely well written, and I loved watching it take shape!
- I got exactly 12" will the pattern as written. But everyone is different so be sure to measure as you go! Learn more about adjusting for size HERE. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color scheme was as follows – Rnd 1-2: Rose Mist; Rnd 3: Seaspray Mist; Rnd 4: Tangerine Mist; Rnd 5: Denim Mist; Rnd 6: Purple Mist; Rnd 7-8: Rose Mist; Rnd 9-10: Speaspray Mist; Rnd 11: Tangerine Mist; Rnd 12: Pearl Mist.
- If this one isn't to your taste, you can find a list of alternatives HERE!
Thanks so much for crocheting-along with me!