I’ve got a special surprise for you with block #16… it’s designed by me! I hope you like it!
For those that are new to the Moogly Afghan CALs, here’s how it works!
- No need to sign up/officially join – just jump in and start crocheting! If you come in late, you can start where we are and catch up with missed blocks as we go!
- A new block crochet pattern will be shared here on Moogly every 2 weeks, on Thursdays at 10am CST (the last one will be one day early due to American Thanksgiving). There is a schedule below, and the links will be added throughout the year. These will stay free online forever.
- I will link to the designer’s pattern below, share a photo of my version of their block, and give any helpful notes that are appropriate.
- Each 12″ square will be designed in worsted/aran weight yarn, with a 5.5mm hook. If you choose a different yarn weight/hook size, your blocks will be a different size, but as long as you are consistent, then the blocks should be too! For example, with DK weight yarn, you should get blocks that are about 10″ in size.
- French translation PDFs will also be provided on each designer’s site, courtesy of Véronique HoRaive! Merci Véronique!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE – all full of help and camaraderie! Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators!
The 2016 Moogly CAL Schedule
January 7 – Flame Square
January 21 – 3D Flower Granny Square
February 4 – Winter Bloom Afghan Square
February 18 – Cathedral Window Square
March 3 – Persphone’s Garden
March 17 – Penelope’s Skipping Stones
March 31 – Felicity Square
April 14 – May Flowers
April 28 – Vanna’s Square
May 12 – Zinnia 12″ Square
May 26 – Squared Ripples
June 9 – English Garden
June 23 – Southern Summertime Square
July 7 – Wishing Well 12″ Square
July 21 – Rising Sun 12″ Square
August 4 – THIS POST
Block #16: Joyful 12″ Afghan Square by Tamara Kelly of Moogly: CLICK HERE to go to the pattern page but first, read my notes below! Here’s the one I made, using all 6 of my colors:
And just for a contrast, here is one made by the tech editor for this CAL, Karen Walker! Thank you Karen, it’s lovely!
Now for my notes!
- To print this pattern or create a downloadable PDF, look for the green Print Friendly button at the bottom of the pattern post. You’ll find it on every post on Moogly!
- Of course, since I designed it I got 12″ – but you may find it coming out a different sizes! Learn more about adjusting for size HERE. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color scheme is listed in the pattern.
- If this one isn’t to your taste, you can find a list of alternatives HERE!
Thanks so much for crocheting-along with me!