Welcome back – it’s time for block 4 of the 3rd Annual Afghan Crochet-Along here on Moogly! This week’s square is a fun and pretty square that’s easy to adjust for size!
For those that are new to the Moogly Afghan CALs, here’s how it works!
- No need to sign up/officially join – just jump in and start crocheting! If you come in late, you can start where we are and catch up with missed blocks as we go!
- A new block crochet pattern will be shared here on Moogly every 2 weeks, on Thursdays at 10am CST (the last one will be one day early due to American Thanksgiving). There is a schedule below, and the links will be added throughout the year. These will stay free online forever.
- I will link to the designer’s pattern below, share a photo of my version of their block, and give any helpful notes that are appropriate.
- Each 12″ square will be designed in worsted/aran weight yarn, with a 5.5mm hook. If you choose a different yarn weight/hook size, your blocks will be a different size, but as long as you are consistent, then the blocks should be too! For example, with DK weight yarn, you should get blocks that are about 10″ in size.
- French translation PDFs will also be provided on each designer’s site, courtesy of Véronique HoRaive! Merci Véronique!
- There is a Ravelry group for the CAL HERE, and a Facebook group HERE – all full of help and camaraderie! Thank you to all of the amazing volunteer moderators!
The 2016 Moogly CAL Schedule
January 7 – Flame Square
January 21 – 3D Flower Granny Square
February 4 – Winter Bloom Afghan Square
February 18 – THIS POST
Block #4: Cathedral Window by Lorene Eppolite, on Cre8tion Crochet: CLICK HERE to go to the pattern page but first, read my notes below!
Above is Lorene’s square, in 5 colors! Here’s the one I made, using all 6 of my colors:
Now for my notes!
- To print this pattern or create a downloadable PDF, enter the pattern page URL into PrintFriendly.com. You can also cut and paste it into a Word document.
- This pattern is pretty easy to follow, but be sure to read all the notes first!
- My square was coming out a little bit small (I’ve become a tight crocheter!), so I bumped up Rounds 12 and 13 to dc and added one additional row of dc, and then it came out at 12″. But everyone is different so be sure to measure as you go! Learn more about adjusting for size HERE. Remember that the 12″ is measured across and up and down – not diagonally corner to corner.
- I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and my color order was as follows: Rnd 1-3: Purple Mist; Rnd 4-5: Denim Mist; Rnd 6-7: Seaspray Mist; Rnd 8-9: Tangerine Mist; Rnd 10-13: Rose Mist; Extra Round: Pearl Mist.
- If this one isn’t to your taste, you can find a list of alternatives HERE!
Thanks so much for crocheting-along with me!