It’s October! There’s a chill in the air, ghosts and ghouls are popping up all over, and scariest of all, there are just a few more blocks left in this CAL! This is the month I hope to get together both the joining methods and start putting some ideas in place for next year. While throwing two birthday parties and working on a super secret project and everything else. Talk about scary! But if this is the first you’ve heard of the 2014 Moogly Afghan Crochet-a-Long, then start HERE to read how it works – if you crochet fast, there’s still time to join in!
Need to catch up? Here is the CAL schedule, with links to the previous blocks (click on the date to go to that blog post):
January 8th – Anticipation Mystery Square
October 2nd – THIS POST
November 13th and 25th
(Click the name of the pattern above to go to the Ravelry page for this pattern.)
Above is the original, made with 2 colors. Bold and graphic, yet floral at the same time! It reminds me of autumn flowers, and echoes portions of several previous patterns. Below is mine, made with 4 colors:
Now for my notes!
- Moogly tutorial that might help you: Treble Crochet; Skipping Stitches
- The pattern itself is well written, and I found no errors! I did make a note on the Note at Round 4, that it’s the tr sts that are worked in front, specifically.
- And as always, be sure to measure your work as you go! After Round 11 I was only at 10.75″”, so I worked Round 12 as written *except* I used dc sts instead of hdc sts. And that did the trick!
- My color pattern was as follows: Round 1-3 Blue; Round 4-5 White; Round 6-8 Red; Round 9-10 Green; Round 11-12 Blue.
- If you need more help with this pattern, there’s a fab tutorial from my friend Dedri at Look At What I Made HERE! Her color sense is amazing!