WOW! You guys!! We’re half way through already! This is Block #12 – of 24. which means when you finish this one you’ll be 50% done with your blanket – minus the seaming and edging of course. This year is flying by! But if this is the first you’ve heard of the 2014 Moogly Afghan Crochet-a-Long, don’t worry, there’s still time to catch up – just start HERE to read how it works, and then get to crocheting! If you’re all caught up, read on! (And if you’re missing a couple, check the schedule below!)
Here is the CAL schedule, with links to the previous blocks (click on the date to go to that blog post):
January 8th – Anticipation Mystery Square
June 12th – THIS POST
July 10th and 24th
August 7th and 21st
September 4th and 18th
October 2nd, 16th, and 30th
November 13th and 25th
BLOCK #12: Summer Solstice by Margaret MacInnis
(Click the name of the pattern above to go to the Ravelry link for this pattern)
Above is the original, made with 3 colors. Very very cool, and so 3D! This pattern is extremely well written, and if you aren’t experienced with post stitches, you will be when you finish! Here’s the one I made, using all 4 of my colors:
- This pattern includes instructions for both 9″ and 12″ blocks – be sure you read through the pattern before you begin so you know when to move sets of instructions.
- The pattern starts with a Magic Ring – you can find a Moogly tutorial for that HERE. I also have basic post stitch tutorials HERE if this is your first time using them!
- Be sure to read the designer’s notes on page 2 – important stuff!
- Stop every row or two and make sure you’ve used the right post stitches (front vs back) for the entire row – it’s easy to miss a mistake!
- The size worked out perfectly for me using a US-I, 5.5mm hook, but be sure to measure before you make the last round.
- My color changes were as follows: Rounds Prep-2 White; Rounds 3 – 7 Red; Rounds 8 – 13 Blue; and Rounds 14 – 15 Green.