It’s time for April’s Designer Showcase! Once a month have one of my favorite designers share a bit about themselves, and then I follow it up by sharing my 5 favorite free patterns that they’ve designed! This month I’m excited to have Jennifer Dickerson, blogger, designer, and all around super sweet lady, from Fiber Flux! While she is perhaps best known for her scarves and cowls, she’s got fantastic patterns in a variety of categories. But first, let’s hear from Jennifer.
Hi there Moogly fans! My name is Jennifer Dickerson and I am the designer and blogger over at Fiber Flux.
I am married to my best friend and the Mom of two lovely kids. For as long as I can remember, I have always been a maker of things, from making and selling jewelry as a young child, then later working as a visual artist, creating large abstract paintings and showing my work in local galleries.
When I became a mother, I wanted to make a blanket for my new arrival, so I learned a few basic stitches and was quite proud of myself. From there, I couldn’t stop creating yarny goodness and began writing and sharing patterns. Fiber Flux has grown and evolved creatively since its beginning and has cultivated a wonderful community of loyal readers.
Fiber Flux today has over 125 free crochet and knitting patterns, and my aim is to create designs that are both fun and easy with clear instruction. There are lots of tutorials too for those who are learning or wish to brush up on their skills. Be sure to stop by and check it out, I am adding new and fun projects almost every day.
A very special thanks to Tamara for this fun feature!
5 Free Crochet Patterns from Fiber Flux
Click on the name of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Travel Blooms: You don’t have to leave home to appreciate these! So pretty, and perfect as a luggage tag, or just hanging from your every day bag. Or anywhere around the home or office!
- Cilantro Cowl: I love the mix of puff stitches and double crochets – interesting and beautiful!
- Pumpkin Patch Edging: This is just so fun! Perfect for a fall blanket, or as the edge on a trick or treat bag. So clever!
- Pavement Infinity Scarf: This free infinity scarf pattern is super popular, and it’s easy to see why! Simple stitches and bulky yarn play together to make an elegant and very wearable piece!
- Graphic Chevron Clutch: These little bags are just perfect. Dressy or casual, they can be made to compliment any outfit for a modern touch.
Thank you so much to Jennifer for being featured in the fourth Moogly Designer Showcase! I hope you’ve enjoyed learning more about Jennifer and Fiber Flux –Jennifer is such a fun and generous person and I’m excited to have shared her site and projects with you today! Be sure to stop by Fiber Flux and say hello!