A dear friend of mine is expecting again, so I’ve got baby crafting on the brain. (Not THAT kind of baby crafting, sheesh!) I haven’t started crafting for her yet, but I’m definitely pondering my options. The Blackberry Salad Stitch Baby Blanket is a possibility of course, but I like to make little hats and sweaters too.
So I thought that today I’d share a few of my favorite knit and crochet baby clothing patterns. Seven of them, as it turns out. Does that make them lucky? Probably not, but then again, they worked out pretty well for me! And I’d like to think that any baby is lucky to get a hat or sweater handmade with love.
- Mini Moogly Sweater – This recipe is one I come to again and again! I’ve made a couple different sizes and for a little girl it’s my favorite quick crochet.
- Baby Hoodie – I’ve made this one with and without the hood, for two very different looks!
- Bombay Love – The pattern calls for the opening to be on the left, but I switched it to the right on my version. Either way works, it’s up to you!
- Easiest Baby Hat Pattern – This hat pattern is worked flat and then seamed up the sides – perfect for beginners. And it’s endlessly customizable! I made this one to go with the Bombay Love sweater above, with stripes and a matching button embellishment.
- Hooded Jacket – Unlike all the other patterns listed here, this pattern isn’t online – I borrowed the book from the local library. It was my first knit clothing piece, and I had a hard time giving it away!
- Super-Natural Stripes – I love the way the color changes work on this one. A very quick knit! This one is probably the most unisex of the baby sweaters I’ve made.
- Simple Stripes Baby Hat – This hat was designed to match the Super-Natural Stripes sweater, above. And that’s why I made it, but it’s so cute it stands alone just as well!
There are so many baby patterns out there, it’s hard to choose. Hopefully there’s something new and appealing on this list for you! Baby things make such great projects – small, fun, and the perfect gift.
Things on my hooks, needles, and tentacles this week:
Finishing up a Blackberry Salad Stitch Baby Blanket for a commission client… we’re down to the weaving of ends now!
And that’s about it! I’m pondering some jungle-themed finger puppets, and I’ve got a new blanket idea that needs to be fleshed out as well.
Be sure to check out and like the moogly facebook page to get all the latest updates, fun links, sneak peeks, and more!