Since it's the last Friday of the 2012, and we've all been busy celebrating the season, I thought I'd take a moment for the Moogly Year in Review! We've come a long way in the past year, and it's been an amazing journey. And it wouldn't have been possible without all of you!
When 2012 began the blog had just a couple handfuls of posts, and only 4 patterns. I was excited when I'd see 4 visitors to the blog at a time! Now there are 5 posts a week most weeks, and a whopping 64 patterns available for free, as well as one paid pattern. Not to mention tons of roundups, dozens of video tutorials, and lots of fun. And we've had over 1.5 million views! It's been absolutely overwhelming and wonderful.
Moogly has gotten some big name recognition as well! All Free Crochet Afghan Patterns has included the Blackberry Salad Striped Baby Blanket in their Top 100 list for 2012, and All Free Knitting has included the Chinese Waves Pouch in their Top 100 for 2012 as well! In addition, Crochet Concupiscence awarded Moogly the 2012 Awesome Crochet Blog Award for Best Pattern Roundups! Such honors!
It's hard to measure what's most popular - do I go by Pinterest numbers, Ravelry Favorites, shares on Facebook? It's hard to say what the right formula is or should be. But I think I can narrow it down to the Top 5 most popular patterns on Moogly for 2012.
- The Blackberry Salad Striped Baby Blanket and Afghan: Officially this is two patterns, but really it just a matter of upsizing. And over the course of the year I've added chain counts for lots more sizes as well! I've been commissioned to make several of these, in both sizes, and I always enjoy it - and judging what you've said, you have too. It's now offered in both English and Spanish here at Moogly.
- Mini Moogly Sweater: This little "recipe" was more than the sum of it's parts! This was my go-to sweater pattern for little girls for years - and I'm so glad I decided to share it! The real coup was getting permission from the amazing Auntie M to host her half of the sweater pattern here on Moogly. No more highlighting text on the Wayback Machine! It has a translation here as well - this time in Slovak!
- Cuddly Cat Crochet Scoodie with Pockets: This one only debuted last month, but WOW did it take off! My daughter is still pleased to wear the original, and I've loved seeing the twists and customizations you've all made!
- Diamond Crochet Cowl: This cowl wasn't easy for everybody, and explaining a couple of these stitches wasn't easy for me! But the tutorial video seems to have done the trick! This pattern was featured in an All Free Crochet ebook, and I couldn't have been more honored.
- Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf: It's only a few weeks old, but this pattern has been the runaway hit of the year! It looks good, it's fast to work up, it uses only the most basic stitches, it takes whatever you can dish up and comes out looking fabulous. I know that sounds a little like bragging, but I've seen so many of these that you all have made - on Ravelry and on the Facebook page - and they ALL look great! I hope you all enjoy wearing them as much as I've enjoyed sharing the pattern!
I hope you've enjoyed this Moogly Year in Review. What a year it has been! I've been just overwhelmed with and so very very grateful for all of your support. It's been so much fun, and I've loved getting a chance to interact with all of you. Sharing my love of the fiber arts has been such a privilege, and I hope you all stick with me in 2013, as we continue the Moogly journey!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.