Fortune's Wrap is a corner to corner pattern with little twist that makes it light and lacy! If you aren't familiar with corner to corner (commonly abbreviated C2C) or diagonal box stitch patterns, then the way they come together can be a little confusing at first. The Fortune's Wrap Tutorial is here to help!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
But first, let's begin at the beginning. If you don't know how to get started with the Fortune's Wrap pattern, then CLICK HERE to go to the Fortune's Shawlette tutorial! Here you'll learn how to make the first 25 rows of the Fortune's Wrap pattern - just don't make the border yet!
Then come back here and learn how to creat the rectangular shape with decreases!
How to Crochet Fortune's Wrap Corner to Corner Decreases: Right Handed
How to Crochet Fortune's Wrap Corner to Corner Decreases: Left Handed
As Seen in This Video: (click for more info)
- Clover Amour US-K, 6.5mm hook
- Lion Brand Lion's Pride Woolspun
- Fortune's Wrap crochet pattern - FREE
Here's how the Corner to Corner patterns work:
1. You increase on both sides until you have the width you want - along either edge, they should be the same!
2. Then, you start decreasing on one side while continuing to increase on the other. It doesn't matter which is which, as long as it's consistent! Adding a stitch marker to one side to mark it as the increase side can be a big help.
3. Then, when you have the length you want along the longest side, you start decreasing on both sides, ending with just one block and a rectangle!
And that's it! I hope this crochet video tutorial helps you to understand not only the Fortune's Wrap crochet pattern, but also other corner to corner patterns! If you like the way I teach, be sure to check out my Increases and Decreases class on Craftsy:
Thanks so much for watching! Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr, and sign up for the free Newsletter so you don’t miss a thing! Thank you to Lion Brand and Clover USA for providing the materials for this tutorial.