I’m on Pinterest every day, and there are always hundreds of new pins to look through! But I persevere, and once again I’ve weeded through the bad links, ads, and all the silliness to bring you the very best of Pinterest right now – unpinned!
- Repairing Knitwear, on knitty – Whether you made it yourself or you bought it at the store, a snag, tear, or hole in your favorite sweater can be heartbreaking! This tutorial really goes in depth and takes you through repairing your knit pieces. Invaluable info for knitters, crocheters, and menders!
- Planning Your Felted Project on Petals to Picots – This was apparently part of a 3 part series, but the links to parts 1 and 2 are broken. But I still wanted to link to part 3, because it’s got fantastic info! It takes you through the math of planning a felted project, step by step, making it seem really do-able! Once again, the swatch is the thing!
- Cluster Border Stitch Pattern – This one links to a Russian site, and I couldn’t even find it there. But if you can read charts, all the info you need is in the pin itself, seen below! This border stitch pattern would be great on the Blackberry Salad Striped Baby Blanket and Afghan, don’t you think?
- The Ultimate Finish Off for Amigurumi on Little Yarn Friends – Making amigurumi shapes is simple enough; after all, it’s just spirals of single crochet. It’s the finishing work that tends to trip people up! Getting a perfect close at the bottom of a head or toy ball is easy if you follow this tutorial.
- Peacock Finger Puppet on CrochetBot 3000 – Wow wow wow! This is flat out THE most amazing finger puppet I’ve ever seen. The colors are stunning, the thread crochet work is perfect, and it’s just beautiful! Gorgeous.
- *BONUS PIN* How to Preserve Avocados in the Freezer on Eating Richly – Avocados are one of my absolute favorite foods…and often expensive. A few weeks ago they were on super sale and I bought more than we could eat right away. So I tried this method of freezing them, using lime juice rather than lemon juice, as that’s what my guacamole recipe calls for. We thawed a bag out this past weekend, added the rest of the guacamole ingredients, and it was absolutely perfect! Next summer I’m going to really stock up!
Are you on Pinterest? What sorts of things are you pinning these days? Got any amazing pins to share? Let us know in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, sneak peeks, and to order your own ooak moogly items – I’m taking commissions! Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and now Tumblr – come join the fun!