It’s March, and that means another Unpinning Pinterest! And since it’s National Crochet Month as well as National Craft Month, I suspect the next month is going to be Pinterest crazy! I’ve noticed things picking up in February, so I can’t wait to see what pops up in the coming weeks!
Pinterest has lots of great ideas, but it’s easy to overlook some great ones (and not everyone pins!). So here are some of the ones I think are worth a closer look. The first 5 pins are ones I pinned to the moogly board, the last is always a bonus pin from one of my other boards!
So let’s get to those pins!
Unpinning Pinterest for March
- Short and Sweet Invisible Decrease Tutorial on The Itsy Bitsy Spider: This is brilliant! I wish I’d seen this years ago!
- Puzzles Anyone? on Blog of a Crazy Crocheting Fool: Such a simple idea, but so effective! You could use traditional granny squares or solid granny squares to make this amazing blanket!
- Washcloth Bunnies on Just Make It: Handmade by Annabelle: I remember these from when I was a kid! But my mom didn’t crochet, so they were just store-bought washcloths. So much nicer when they’re crocheted in bright spring colors!
- Repairing a Crochet Blanket on sewtakeahike: Excellent advice here, both in the article and in the comments!
- Picasso Potholder on Splynda (via the Wayback Machine): This is so unique! Love the color variations shown too.
- BONUS PIN: Origami For Preschoolers on Filth Wizardry: As she points out right away, this is origami FOR preschoolers, not BY preschoolers, so don’t think I’m that ambitious! But I love this roundup of easy origami patterns – and this basket is just perfect for Easter!
So what sorts of pins are you pinning these days? Are you still Pinterest crazy or have you avoided the whole thing so far? Either way I hope you enjoy this roundup of some of the best things I found on Pinterest this past month!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected].