Can you believe it’s the fourth month of 2013 already?! This year is flying by! I visit Pinterest every day, and it’s like I can see the seasons changing in the pins – brighter colors, fresher food recipes, and lovely outdoor photos! I love it!
Pinterest has lots of great ideas, but it’s easy to overlook some great ones (and not everyone pins!). Not to mention cutting through the spam and the clutter! So here are some of the ones I think are worth a closer look. The first 5 pins are ones I pinned to the moogly board, the last is always a bonus pin from one of my other boards!
So let’s get to those pins!
Unpinning Pinterest for April 2013
- How to Crochet Blanket Stitch Edging on Fiber Flux: Why sew on the blanket stitch with a sewing needle when you can just crochet it on? Brilliant and it looks so sharp! This detailed photo tutorial is just perfect.
- Designing Your Own Custom Crochet Hat on Yarn Over, Pull Through: This is a great detailed breakdown of not just the what but the why and the how of custom sizing!
- Crochet Flower Pot Stand on RubyRed Eclectic: This free pattern is just gorgeous! Step by step photo tutorial and written instructions included! I think this is meant to be a potholder or trivet – though it would look good under a potted plant too!
- Magic Loop Tutorial on Knitting to Stay Sane: The magic ring in crochet and the magic loop in knitting are two very different things! One I know well, but the knitting version I have yet to master. It’s always seemed very intimidating , but this detailed tutorial makes it seem doable!
- Summer Flower Branches on Carmela’s Biscuit Spot: Simple flowers and branches from the yard in a gorgeous vase. The whole thing is just perfect! A free tutorial for the flowers is included too!
- BONUS PIN – Whiten Teeth in 2 Days on Pin TriedIt – I love this site, they always do the best pin tests! They claim you can actually whiten your teeth with 1/4 c of pureed carrots and a tablespoon of baking soda – best April pin yet!
So what sorts of pins are you pinning these days? Are you still Pinterest crazy or have you avoided the whole thing so far? Either way I hope you enjoy this roundup of some of the best things I found on Pinterest this past month!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.