At the Knit and Crochet Show last week, one of the first skeins of yarn I was handed was a bright pink ball of Red Heart Boutique Swanky. And I all I could think was, “Oooo, sparkles!” And everyone around me had the same reaction – so shiny! Well by lunch time I couldn’t wait to get started, and using the commemorative hook I’d also picked up that morning, I got to work on the Suddenly Sparkles Scarf!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
This infinity scarf uses exactly one skein of Red Heart Boutique Swanky – I had just enough left over that I’m not too worried about gauge. The sparkles are built right in this yarn, and the pattern is quick but still interesting. Each row is different from the last, and the end result looks great at a distance or close up!
Suddenly Sparkles Scarf
- US – J, 6.00 mm hook
- 1 skein Red Heart Swanky (202 yds/185 meters; DK weight; Berry Glamorous shown)
- Finished size: approximately 50″ total
- Clicca qui per la traduzione italiana da Alsi Atelier!
- Starting Cluster – (short version: ch 2 and dc2tog in first st) or Ch 2, *yo and insert hook in first st of round, yo and pull up a loop, yo and pull through two; repeat from * once more in same stitch; with 3 loops on the hook, yo and pull through all 3 loops. (Note: Ch 2 does not count as a st)
- Cluster – (short version: dc3tog in one stitch) or *Yo and insert hook in indicated stitch, yo and pull up a loop, yo and pull through two; repeat from * twice more in same stitch; with 4 loops on the hook, yo and pull through all 4 loops.
Round 1: Ch 108, join with a slip stitch to work in round; ch 1, sc in each ch around; join with sl st in 1st sc. (108 sts)
Round 2: Ch 3 (counts as first st), dc in next 107 ch; join with sl st in top of ch 3. (108 sts)
Round 3: Work Starting Cluster, then ch 1, skip the next st, *Cluster in the next st, ch 1, skip the next st; repeat from * to end; join with sl st in top of Starting Cluster. (108 sts)
Round 4: Ch 3 (counts as first st), dc in each ch sp and st around; join with sl st in top of ch 3. (108 sts)
Round 5: Ch 4 (counts as first st and ch 1), skip next st, *dc in next st, ch 1, skip next st; repeat from * to end; join with sl st in 3rd chain of ch-4. (108 sts)
Round 6 – 9: Repeat Rounds 2 – 5.
Round 10 – 12: Repeat Rounds 2 – 4.
Round 13: Ch 1, sc in each st around; break yarn and seamless join to first st of round. Weave in ends.
Simple, glamorous, and fun! I hope you wear it somewhere fabulous!
Written pattern and graphics copyright Tamara Kelly 2014. Please do not reprint or repost this pattern, but please do link to this page to share this pattern with others. If you wish to make items for sale from this pattern, please visit the About page for details.