Only 4 weeks til Christmas and Black Friday starts tomorrow! I know I’ve got lots of supplies I still need to buy, and lots of crafting I need to do! Here’s this weekend’s roundup of the sales, coupons, and deals happening at the big box craft stores, so we can all save money this week on yarn and all our other crafty supplies!
Many of these sales only last through the weekend, so be sure to click on the name of the store for current prices if you’re shopping next week!
- Michaels – I got a special email from Michaels this morning – they’re opening Thanksgiving day from 4pm to 11pm, and the email included a coupon for 30% off the entire purchase, including sale items. On the site, enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got coupons for 50% off any regularly priced item, 25% off the entire purchase (including sale items!), and 40% off any one regularly priced item. Vanna’s Choice, Glamour, Red Heart Soft, Homespun, Patons Classic Wool, and Loops and Threads Impeccable yarns are on sale this weekend. Michaels has a mobile app with coupons as well, so be sure to download that if you can. Sign up for the email newsletter, and Like Michaels on Facebook for more coupon opportunities.
- Jo-Ann Fabrics – I finally got a flyer last week, full of Doorbusters coupons for this weekend! Doors will open 6am on Friday and 7am on Saturday, and if you shop before noon there’s a coupon for 25% off your total purchase. There are also coupons for 50% off any one item all day both days. Sunday’s coupon on the back of the flyer is for 60% off any one regularly priced item. Also on the back are coupons good all week for 40% off any regularly priced item and 50% off any regularly priced item. There are usually flyers inside the front door of the store, so always check the basket on your way in. Via email I received doubles of the Friday and Saturday coupons, and free shipping with no minimum purchase! To get another Jo-Ann coupon, go to joann.com, at the bottom of the page under Shop, click on Store locator. Enter your zip code (if it doesn’t already show your nearest store). When you get the results, click on “More Store Information” and a link to a coupon will pop up. Yarns on sale this weekend include Red Heart Super Saver, Sensations Rainbow Boucle, Cello, and Rainbow Classic, Lion Brand Fun Fur, Caron One Pound, Deborah Norville Serenity yarns, and all Bernat Handicrafter Cotton yarn (including Holidays and Vintage Quilt). On the website there are coupons that have been changing daily, so check there too before you run out to the store. Be sure to sign up for the emails, their mailing list, get the app, and Like Jo-Ann Fabrics on Facebook for even more deals.
- Hobby Lobby – I Love This Cotton, Artiste Cotton Floss and Craft Thread packs, and Yarnology Knit and Crochet Tools and Notions are on sale through the 24th. They have the usual printable coupon for 40% off any regularly priced item. There are an iPhone app and a new Android app that include the same 40% off coupon and ad info, and also have a feature that let you check gift card balances (thanks for the tip Tara!). You can now get the same savings on your non-Apple/Android smart phones by visiting m.hobbylobby.com and showing the cashier the coupon on your phone.
- Herrschners – This is the choice for international shipping! There are 26 different yarns on sale this week, including five HCPlatinum Collection Yarns, six different Ruffle Scarf yarns, Lion Brand Amazing and Da Vinci, all the Martha Stewart Crafts yarns, Premier Lash Lux with Sequins, Red Heart Smoothie and Boutique, and Berocco Love It. Get on their email list for notifications of when they update their sales.
- ACMoore – Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. As of this writing, the store closest to me still hasn’t updated their ads, and those links seem to be gone… Do you live near an ACMoore? Let us know if YOU know what’s in store this week!
Where do you shop for yarn online? Have you checked out the great yarn and classes deals on Craftsy? This weekend they’re offering up to 75% off on yarn, and every order over $100 ships free. KnitPicks is advertising a Cyber Monday sale, so pop over there Monday morning starting at 6am if you like their yarn! What are your best tips and tricks to save money on yarn – especially around the holidays? Please share in the comments, and share this roundup with all your crafty friends – there’s plenty of savings to go around!