I think my favorite thing about September (besides the kids going back to school!) is seeing the fiber arts world reawaken after the lull of summer. With that chill in the air, suddenly settling in with some yarn or fabric has new appeal! And while the fiber arts bloggers have kept on posting all year, there’s an excitement in the air! Which makes this link party better and better! Sara from My Merry Messy Life and I are pleased as can be to share the featured posts every 2 weeks. Remember, with the two of us as co-hosts, the featured projects get twice the publicity, with links on both our sites and all our social media outlets! And this week, we’re going to try something new – use the hashtag #HOHD and tweet about your entries! We’ll use these to get even MORE attention on your posts and entries. So let’s get to it!
FEATURED THIS WEEK ON HOOKIN ON HUMP DAY!
#1 Most-Clicked Link – SuperHeroes Hats Unveiled by Knitting Rays of Hope: Winner by a landslide! Check out these sweet loom knitted hats and read about the important cause they craft for.
#2 – A Cute Little Dress for a Newborn Princess by I Love Handmade!: So cute! Link to the free crochet pattern included!
#3 – The Angry Owl Hat by Maz Kwok: Angry owl needs his coffee! Free crochet pattern!
#4 – A Very Foxy CAL by Tanya Today: This is so fun! Join the CAL or the KAL and get the free pattern! There’s even a prize!
#5 – Soft and Stylish Cowl Pattern, by Beatrice Ryan Designs: Lovely free crochet pattern with photo tutorial!
Great job everyone! Now go grab your I’ve Been Featured button and relish in the spotlight. I’ll be pinning you on my Pinterest Board and featuring you on Facebook and Google+, as will My Merry Messy Life!
Now onto this week’s party! Here are a few simple rules:
- Please link your post back to one of the hostesses – Moogly or My Merry Messy Life, or grab the Hookin on Hump Day party button here. Without a button on your site or link back on your post, we will not be able to feature it the following week. We have had to pass over many people before because there was no button or link!
- I’d also really appreciate if you’d follow me on one of my social media links (see the icons at the top left of the page), and I will happily follow back (just leave me a comment that you’re following me from here, and include a link to your own page)!
- Please visit at least one other link and leave a comment on their post so we can really support each other!
- Please remember to link to your actual project URL and not your homepage URL, and use the name of your project or post, not your own name.
- Please, no Etsy stores, Facebook pages, giveaways, non-fiber arts posts or other link parties. Just blog posts to your actual projects.
New to the Hookin On Hump Day party? To receive reminder emails twice monthly about the party, enter your email here. Otherwise, I won’t pester you if you’d rather not receive a reminder!