Mandalas are hot right now – big, small, or used as the basis for a whole pattern, these circular crochet patterns are fun to make! No longer used only as a religious symbol, they can still be meditative to make and admire. And in yarn they can be useful too – as potholders, trivets, wall and table decor, or as part of a bag, blanket, rug, or even a bag! So here are 10 free mandala crochet patterns – for both mandalas and projects that incorporate them! (Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.)
10 Free Mandalas Crochet Patterns
(Click on the name of the pattern, written in blue, to go to the pattern page!)
- Granny Mandala by Alice Best, on Crochet with Raymond: The mandala and the granny square make a colorful mix in this round rainbow!
- Little Spring Mandala by Barbara Smith, on Crochet: Made in K-town: Beautiful colors interesting rounds make this one a popular project!
- Spoke Mandala by Marinke Slump, on a creative being: Markinke has several beautiful Mandalas on her site, but this one is my favorite!
- Mandala Pattern by Annoo Crochet, on Annoo’s Crochet World: A step by step tutorial is included!
- Magic Spike Mandala by Tamara Kelly, on moogly: My own take on this theme – and it inspired a matching afghan square too!
- Flower Potholders by Jennifer Martin, a Ravelry download: Aren’t these gorgeous?! They’re even great without the outlines!
- Mandala Market Bag by Charlotte W., on NyanPon’s Knits and Crochet: It’s a mandala… until it turns into a bag! Fun and practical!
- Blue Mandala Throw by Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby, on Crochet World: I’ve linked to the Raverly entry so you can get all the info needed to make this beautiful crochet blanket!
- Crochet Mandala Kids Purse by Sarah Lora, on Ball Hank n’ Skein: Love this sweet little bag with mandala squares – and the lining tutorial!
- Shocking Mandala Rug by Tamara Kelly, on Stitch & Unwind and Moogly: I wrote this pattern for Stitch & Unwind using super bulky Red Heart Vivid – love these neons!
All of the above patterns are free and online, but there are some stunning mandala crochet patterns for sale too. Some of my favorites are the Mandala and Stool Cover by Felted Button, and the Karmic Kitty Pillow Plushie by Part Pixy. Have you joined in the Mandala mania?
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact email me at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.