Winter has wrapped North America in it’s chilly, blustery grip – and our fingers are frozen! Fingerless mitts are great for indoors, but right now, you need full coverage outside. No one likes frozen fingers, and that’s why mittens also make great gifts! So without further ado, here are 9 free crochet mittens patterns!
9 Free Crochet Mittens Patterns
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
For Babies and Toddlers:
- Thumbless Baby Mitts by Bernadette Vines, on Stitch it out!: A staple for little ones year round!
- Tofu Cutie’s Charity Mittens by Oshinn Reid, on Tofu Crafts: Worked flat and seamed all around, these have a unique look!
- Mommy ‘n Me Mitts by Hailey Redden, on Wee Robin: This cute set includes a version for babies as well as one for women!
- Shark Mittens by Annette Hynes, on Annette’s Crochet Site: How fun are these! This Tunisian pattern is sure to be a hit – and not mixed up with the other kids in class!
- Squishy Mitts by Carol Ballard, on Ravelry: Love the string – classic for a reason! And there’s a matching hat and earwarmer pattern too!
- Darla’s Easy-On Mittens by Rhondda Mol, on Ravelry: Easy to put on little hands, but after you button the cuff they’ll stay put! So smart!
For Teens and Adults:
- Sorry, this listing has been removed at the designer’s request.
- Men’s Mitts on a String by Carol Ballard, on Cobblerscabin’s Weblog: Easy to adjust for any size!
For All Sizes:
- Crochet Mittens for All by Nancy Anderson on Coats & Clark: This great basic pattern will keep the whole family warm with extra long cuffs!
- Family of Mittens, on Lion Brand Yarn: For toddler, children, women, and men!
Something for everyone I hope! Mittens make great quick projects that are practical too. Stay warm out there!