We're well into the year now - and Pinterest has gone Valentine's Day crazy! But since I've already covered Valentine's Day crochet, I've put together a slightly more balanced Unpinning Pinterest for this month. Pinterest has lots of great ideas, but it's easy to overlook some great ones (and not everyone pins!). So here are some of the ones I think are worth a closer look. The first 5 pins are ones I pinned to the moogly board, the last is always a bonus pin from one of my other boards!
Unpinning Pinterest for February
- Fancy Felt Soles for Crocheted Slippers, on the Zen of Making: I found this tutorial on Pinterest and linked to it on my Simple Chunky Cable Slippers pattern... And I'm linking it again because it shouldn't be missed! This is brilliant, the result looks absolutely fantastic.
- Yarn Labels - What do they mean?, on Stitch11: The yarn weights info is invaluable for any new knitter or crocheter, and the Laundering Instructions section is handy for everybody. Or maybe it's just me... I can never remember what all those little icons mean! This attractive infographic is definitely one to keep!
- The (Glasses Holding, shhh!) Necklace, on Crochet Dynamite: Phil has promised us an early Spring, and the sun will be back before you know it. This is the perfect project to get ready! So smart and subtle - and pretty too!
- Box and Knitting Needle Yarn Holder, on Pinterest: I haven't been able to track this photo to it's source, but it's brilliant! No more digging for the center end or flopping the skein all over the couch while you work!
- Stitch-a-Book, on Crafty is Cool: It's a fun little pattern, perfect for sending a special message... But my plan is to make one to hold my sewing and yarn needles!
- *Bonus Pin!*: Wine Cork Magnets: Not much more to this idea - cut them in half, and a little hot glue and a magnet et Voila! I always want to try cork crafting, but it takes too long to collect that many corks - this is a great way to keep the cork from a special occasion without just collecting dust. Perfect for holding up pictures from that night too!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and now Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at firstname.lastname@example.org.