Pinterest has been a little quiet lately, but there are still treasures to be found! So let's jump right in! You'll even find out what we're having for dinner tonight...it's a good one!
- Making and joining single color motifs without cutting the yarn - You'll have to join My Picot Club to see this one, but it's free and quick to do. Heck, I didn't even know My Picot had a club til I saw this pin, so this is a bonus. And this photo tutorial is worth it! I haven't played with this technique yet, but it's definitely on my list.
- Loop and Nub Stitch Tutorial - Another fantastic tutorial from Needle Noodles! There are two fantastic techniques here, and though she bills them as a great way to liven up amigurumi, I can think of a lot more ways to use these stitches. This picture is for the Nub stitch, but the Loop stitch is really neat too - reminds me a bit of thrumming in knitted mittens.
- Interlocking Block Stitch - I do so love learning new stitches, and this tutorial on The 8th Gem is fantastic! The construction of it reminds me a bit of K's Blanket Tutorial which I linked to on the last Unpinning Pinterest, but with more colors and a whole new look! K's Blanket Tutorial has had me playing around with it for the past week - I can't wait to add this one to the repertoire.
- How to String Beads onto Yarn - Over on Crochet Today they've got a tutorial for stringing beads so simple it'll make your head spin! Definitely a "why didn't I think of that!" moment. I don't know how many times in the past I've gotten frustrated trying to get beads on the yarn. I hope to give this one a try very very soon.
- How to Make Clothing Buttons from Shrink Plastic - Scissors Paper Wok has one of the best ideas for Shrink Plastic I've seen in ages - making your own buttons! This is another one for the MUST DO list! So excited to try this! I'm a huge fan fo the stuff, I can't believe I never thought to make buttons before.
- *BONUS PIN*: Chicken Dumpling Casserole - This recipe from The Shady Porch was our Sunday dinner, and the leftovers are slated for dinner tonight...but there very nearly weren't any! This was so very good, and will definitely make it into the regular rotation. I used two large breasts instead of three, used the healthiest cream of chicken soup I could find (also the cheapest at our store, hurrah!), and skipped the bullion in favor of some poultry seasoning and a *little* salt - so it was even more economical, and dare I say it, lower in sodium and fat. The layering worked fine just as written, but I did have to cook it a lot longer - closer to 45 minutes, and it never did get as browned as the picture (maybe because I used self rising flour instead of Bisquick?). Still, it was worth the wait!
That's it for this edition of Unpinning Pinterest! Hope you've found some inspiration, ideas, and maybe you'll join us in a tasty chicken casserole tonight!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, sneak peeks, and to order your own ooak moogly items – I’m taking commissions! Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and now Tumblr – come join the fun!
Moogly, you are a never-ending source of inspiration and fun, I don't know how you do it. Whenever I see your posts on Facebook I get all excited. Thanks a million!
Gillian, that made my day! Thanks so much for saying so! 😀
OMGOSH! I'm loving the skrinkles buttons!!! I have never thought of that before!! I have a pack of shrinkles, just want to run out to the shops to get zig pens just not sure they'll have them in my local UK store. Hope so...