I was holding onto this gorgeous skein of yarn from Yarn Baby LLC for ages, waiting for the perfect pattern to come to me – and for spring! Now it’s ready, and I present the Splash of Spring Cowl!
The Splash of Spring Cowl is made with a yummy hank of worsted weight merino and bamboo blend yarn from Yarn Baby LLC, in the Spring Splash colorway. It’s SO soft, and the bamboo gives it gorgeous drape. Variegated yarns like this usually require simpler stitch patterns, and I think I found the perfect one for this lovely one skein project!
Splash of Spring Crochet Cowl
- US – I, 5.5mm hook
- 230 yds Worsted weight yarn, Yarn Baby LLC 60% Merino/40% Bamboo shown
- Gauge: 14 sts x 8 rows = 4″ in pattern
- Finished Size: 11″ tall x 25″ around
- To make a larger cowl, add stitches in any multiple of 2.
- Video Tutorials: FSC – Foundation Single Crochet; CSDC – Chainless Starting Double Crochet; Seamless Join
- Note: This pattern is written with standard stitches, but for a cleaner look you can use the CSDC instead (tutorial link above). To replace the Ch 4 in Round 2, use a CSDC and ch 1, and to replace the Ch 3 in Round 3, use a CSDC. If you would prefer to avoid the FSC, you can ch 93, skip the first ch and sc in the remaining sts, and then join to work in the round.
Round 1: FSC 92, and being careful not to twist, join with a sl st in the first st to work in the round. (92 sts)
Round 2: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1), skip the next st, *dc in he next st, ch 1, skip 1. Repeat from * to end, join with a sl st in the first st of the round. (92 sts including chs)
Round 3: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in the 1st st, skip the ch sp, *2 dc in the next st, skip the ch sp. Repeat from * to end, join with a sl st in the first st of the round. (92 sts)
Round 4 – 21: Repeat Rounds 2 – 3.
Round 22: Repeat Round 2.
Round 23: Ch1, sc in the 1st st, sc in the ch sp, *dc in the next st, dc in the ch sp. Repeat from * to end, break yarn and seamless join. (92 sts)