Believe it or not, it's nearly Independence Day here in the USA! Where has the summer gone? Time to slow down and celebrate with friends, family, food and fun. And free crochet patterns! Here are 10 free 4th of July crochet patterns to help you celebrate the red, white, and blue!
10 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- Lily Born on the 4th of July Doll on Lily / Sugar'n Cream: Lily's series of crocheted dolls make wonderful keepsakes and mementos!
- Crochet 4th of July Star Potholder by Amy Lehman Crochet Jewel: Sure to liven up the buffet table!
- Crochet Star Spangled Banner by Sara McFall, on My Merry Messy Life: This fun garland is perfect for the 4th, and for any other holiday in different colors!
- 4th Of July Apron on Lion Brand Yarn: Great for the BBQ master or mistress!
- 4th of July Cozy by Tia Davis, on Craftown.com: It's hot out there - stay hydrated! Makes a great hostess gift too!
- Spiky Circle Afghan Square by Julie Yeager, a Ravelry download (NO LONGER FREE, now $1.99): It might not be afghan weather, but this would be a beautiful trivet! Or if you hurry maybe you can make an entire blanket to sit on for watching fireworks!
- Genghis the Eagle by Grace McMahon, on The Smiling Robot: A pocket-sized symbol of patriotism! Perch him on the patio to supervise the festivities. This one was made by Raveler danamathqueen!
- Patriotic Pair by Leigh Ann Atwell, a Ravelry download: A hat and diaper cover for the littlest celebrants!
- Statue of Liberty Pillow by Michele Wilcox, on Red Heart: I really love the graphic look of this pillow, even for year-round!
- Big Striped Bag by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs blog: Big enough for a trip to the farmer's market, picnic lunch, supplies to keep everyone entertained waiting for fireworks to start, or hauling a pair of chihuahuas to the festivities!
- BONUS #1: Stars & Stripes & Clusters Mini Mandalas on Moogly: Fun festive coasters!
- BONUS #2: Red White and Baby Blanket on Moogly: Perfect for July newborns!
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Check out last year's Independence Day Crochet Roundup - it might have just the thing! And stay safe out there folks - celebrate responsibly.
Be sure to check out and like the Moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Google+ – come join the fun!
My name is marlene droscher and I have seen some of your patterns
on line and I would love to have a copy of some of the little girls
dresses I can just see them on my grand daughter.
Hope you can help me.
Kind regards Marlene droscher
Hi Marlene! I don't have any dress patterns that I've written, but if you've seen a dress pattern linked here that you'd like to make, just click the name of the pattern (it should be in blue) and that will take you to the site with the pattern. If you would like a print copy of a pattern that's available here on Moogly, you can use the Print Friendly button at the bottom of the pattern to get a clean printable copy. I hope that helps!