The Fourth of July is next week already, and in the USA that means celebrating - usually with BBQ, parades, and fireworks! Whether you go all out or keep it simple, it's a great excuse to crochet up some goodies in the ol' red white and blue. Here are 10 free patterns that will help make this holiday as festive as can be!
10 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- Patriotic Wreath: All you need to welcome guests in style is one skein each red, white, and blue worsted weight yarn, a size G hook, and a 12" wreath form! I love wreaths but never make them. This might convince me to change my mind - it's clearly an award winning pattern!
- Patriotic Bunting: I was thinking about doing something like this myself, and lo and behold, someone beat me too it. Gorgeous! Love this free Ravelry download, and it's tiny ribbon bow detailing.
- Fourth of July Potholder: Looking for something a little smaller? This potholder adds a festive touch to the table and you're sure to have it finished before the party starts!
- Patriotic Dog Collar: Sara at Posh Pooch has great designs for dogs, and this Patriotic Dog Collar is no exception! Why should Fido miss out on the fun? Check out her free patterns and fun site if you've got a puppy of your own.
4th of July Bow with Decorative Pearl: Why buy a cheap t-shirt when you can show your style with crochet? Use DK or Sport weight yarn and a safety pin to make this pretty ribbon! Make one for your favorite sports team and all the holidays!
- 4th of July Potholders: Yep, more potholders, but these quilt motif pieces are a so classic and lovely I had to share! I can see making these into an afghan too...
- Uncle Sam Bottle Cozy: One thing about the 4th that can be hard to handle is the heat. Hydration is key! And the adult beverages are fun too... Make sure you keep water (or your drink of choice) on hand with this free Ravelry download!
- Stars and Stripes Headband: Feel like king or queen of the parade with this headband! A free Ravelry download, this one takes just a small amount of yarn and is a great festive accessory.
- Petite Independence Day Doily: For all the thread crocheters out there - a free stars and stripes doily pattern! Thread crochet is a challenge, but I love it. Not a "doily person" you say - have you looked at the shops lately? Sew one of these to your top and you'll be stylin' for summer 2012!
- 4th of July Beach Bag: Heading to the shore this holiday? I wish I was! Even without a trip to somewhere breezy, there's always a bag full of stuff you need to haul around. This one is fun and functional!
Happy Independence Day! I hope you all have a great holiday. Enjoy the summer fun, and all these free patterns. Not into the red white and blue theme? Use your team colors or just your favorite summer yarns! How will you celebrate this summer?
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks! Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr – come join the fun! You can contact me the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.