It’s time for a dino-mite roundup of free crochet and knit dinosaur patterns! I created a collection back in 2015, but so many more are available now. You’re sure to unearth your next fun pattern here!
All The Most Important Dino-Links:
Yarnspirations Dino-mite Lookbook of Patterns
ONLY the free Crochet Dinosaur patterns on Yarnspirations
ONLY the free Knitting Dinosaur patterns on Yarnspirations
Cuddle Up Dinosaur Blanket by Moogly
15 Free Crochet Dinosaur Patterns on Moogly (2015 roundup!)
My Favorite Crochet Dinosaur Patterns
- Snug-o-saurus Crochet Body Pillow – This big body pillow will have them roaring with delight! At about 40″ long, it’s super cuddly and nearly life-sized… well, dinosaurs came in lots of sizes after all! Snag lots of stuffing to finish this one off!
- Faux Taxidermy Triceratops – Don’t worry, no dinos were harmed in the making of this whimsical home décor piece! Make it in your child’s favorite colors Bernat Baby Blanket and it’ll work up super quick!
- Tricera-Tops Crochet Blanket (or Rug!) – Cuddle your little one in the cozy comfort of this sweet triceratops crochet blanket – or throw it on the floor for a fun and squishy nursery rug! Horn and eye appliques are the perfect finishing touch to animate this prehistoric pal.
My Favorite Knit Dinosaur Patterns
- Dino Claws Knit Blanket – Knit in separate garter stitch squares using a simple short turn row technique, I think that these claws can range from fun and playful to quite sophisticated depending on colors used!
- Dragon Scales Baby Blanket – Achieve the “dragon skin” texture of this unique stitch pattern by using simple increases and decreases. You’ll love cuddling up with this knit baby blanket that looks just like interlocked scales!
- Dino Spike Baby Blanket – This baby blanket is squishy and soft, and great for beginners! Practice garter stitch, increases, decreases, and more. Contrast, spiked edging adds a realistic touch to complete this inspired layer of warmth. Measuring 37″ square, it’s a grab ‘n’ go favorite for the stroller or car seat, too!
Before You Go…
Here’s a Pin for your favorite crafty Pinterest Board so you can save all of these for later! Thanks for sharing!
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! And sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! Thank you to Yarnspirations for providing the materials for this post.
Leave a Reply