I love crocheting blankets – playing with pattern and color and texture and shapes. The downside… all those ends! But you don’t have to change colors to keep it interesting – these crochet blanket patterns are all in solid colors, but feature amazing and interesting textures that make them pop!
10 Free Crochet Blankets in One Color with Lots of Texture
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Celtic Afghan by Lion Brand Yarn: Isn’t this just amazing! An heirloom to be treasured for sure!
- Wheat Stitch Baby Blanket by SassySSS on Ravelry: The stitch pattern on this one is really interesting and eye catching! Love it!
- Tiramisu Baby Blanket by Alicia Paulson on Ravelry: A simple classic, where it’s the little details that set it apart!
- Matelasse Afghan by Priscilla Hewitt on Ravelry: Talk about pop! This designer has a ton of fab textured patterns, so be sure to check her out at the Ravelry link!
- Aran Hearts Throw by Bonnie Barker on Red Heart: So sweet – and such a great pattern!
- Mayflower Baby Blanket by Tammy Hildebrand on All Free Crochet Afghan Patterns: Such a great combo of cables and lace!
- Tree of Life Afghan by Lion Brand Yarn: This is a masterpiece, and a work of love!
- Fluffy Meringue Blanket by Patons, on Yarnspirations: One of the most unique baby blankets I’ve seen – great vintage look!
- Checkerboard Textures Throw by Katherine Eng, on Red Heart: Ten textured squares combine with traditional grannies for this great blanket!
- Crocodile Stitch Baby Blanket by Bonita Patterns, on Yarnspirations: You’d be hard pressed to find a more textural blanket than this!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this peek at some beautiful crochet blankets! These patterns show you don’t have to worry about color to create a gorgeous heirloom – just add texture!