Celebrating with evergreens and lights is important to so many this time of year, no matter what meaning their own beliefs and traditions ascribe to it. But what to do if you don’t have the space for a big tree, want to spruce up your desk at the office, want to cheer up someone stuck in the hospital or long term care, and what if you just want to have a tree in every room of the house? Then you make your own crochet Christmas tree! (Or yule tree, or solstice tree, or whatever makes you happy!)
♪♫ O Christmas Tree, Crochet Christmas Tree!
I’ll use these 10 free patterns to make you! ♪♫
10 Free Crochet Christmas Tree Patterns
- Christmas Tree by Helen Free: You can use thread to make the tiny tree, or heavier yarn to make the bigger tree – and instructions are included to go even bigger!
- Christmas Trees on Sugar’n Cream: This one comes in two sizes as well – and with the buttons it’s a great match for any crafty decor!
- Merry Christmas Trees from A La Sascha: Made with worsted weight yarn, this one looks like it’d work up in a snap!
- Chain Tree on Seams of Life: This is an absolutely perfect project for the beginner crocheter – as long as they’re old enough to use hot glue! And I dare say even a few of us experienced crocheters will want to make these too!
- Crochet Christmas Tree from The Crochet Crowd: This one is for all you fans of the crocodile stitch – it’s used perfectly to make this lovely tree!
- Little Trees by Kala Hotakainen: Aran weight green yarn held together with colorful novelty yarn makes for a sweet little tree with instant decorations!
- Mini Christmas Trees on Annaboo’s House: If you’re really short on space (or time) these tiny trees will squeeze right in! Use up any yarn you’ve got laying around, just a pinch or two of stuffing, and a couple buttons to decorate. Done!
- Easy-Peasy Christmas Trees-y Tutorial by PJ Allen: Two strands of bulky weight novelty yarn held together make this funky and fun tree! One of the best uses I’ve seen for sparkly fun fur!
White Tree on Crochetville: Unfortunately, this pattern is not currently available. Found it somewhere new? Leave a comment and let me know!
- Pink Friday Christmas Tree on Snowcatcher: Honor those battling cancer, or give it as a gift to little fans of Pinkalicious and those who just love pink above all other colors.
Are you putting up a tree this year? What about a crochet Christmas tree? Have you made a holiday tree of your own before, or is there a handmade tree that’s been passed down in your family? Share you stories in the comments!