We’re getting into the dog days of summer here – hot, humid, and did I say hot? But good things come with all that heat: Sprinklers, Popsicles, and Watermelons! Our little family only buys a couple of watermelons a year, but there’s just something about them that says summer. So to celebrate this seasonal staple I’ve rounded up 10 free crochet watermelon patterns!
10 Free Watermelon Crochet Patterns
- Crocheted Fruity Trivets and Pot Holders by Purl Soho, on Purl Bee: I love seasonal kitchen stuff because it’s such a great way to make a little change that freshens things up!
- Watermelon Wedge Applique by Janet Carrillo, on damn it Janet, let’s crochet!: Janet has just about every fruit applique you could ever want – and the watermelon is no exception!
- Watermelon Earrings by Ayana Reddick, a Ravelry download: Fun for your next cookout!
- Watermelon Wave Baby Blanket by Jennifer Burke, on Burke House Design: A sweet wavy pattern, these baby blanket would look great any in any color combo – but the watermelon seems very refreshing!
- Juicy Watermelon Baby Hat by Kate Alvis, a Ravelry download: A sweet summer hat, with the perfect theme!
- Crocheted Watermelon Book Marker by Meladoras Creations: Complete with a video tutorial! This bookmark is a fun addition to your beach read, or reward for those working hard on their summer book lists!
- Watermelon Coin Purse by Sarah Zimmerman, on Repeat Crafter Me: Very cute – and practical too!
- Melina Watermelon Baby Shoes by eva jah, on yesbo.de/strickliesel/: Aren’t these gorgeous!
- Slice Of Summer Coaster by Amber Jones, on Yarn Pixie: Coasters are a must in these hot summer months – and this watermelon coaster is great!
- Amigurumi Watermelon Slice by Kay Farquharson Kay’s Blog: A seasonal addition to the kids’ play kitchen or picnic basket!
How are you keeping cool in this heat? Or are you on the flip side, dreaming of warmer days to come? Either way, I hope you enjoy these free watermelon-inspired crochet patterns! And if you’re celebrating this week, stay safe!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.