Love it or hate it, the crocodile stitch is one of the hottest stitches of the past year. It’s a tricky one, but it’s got a distinctive look and texture. Now there are dozens of tutorials and a wide variety of patterns available that use this stitch to it’s best advantage! And it’s still going strong. Today I’ve got 10 free crocodile stitch crochet patterns!
If you haven’t tried the Crocodile Stitch before, be sure to check out the video and photo tutorial here on Moogly – CLICK HERE!
10 Free Crocodile Stitch Crochet Patterns
- Rio Crocodile Stitch Scarf by Michael Sellick (from The Crochet Crowd), on Fave Crafts: Using a yarn with long color changes gives this scarf it’s great look!
- Crocodile Stitch Bag by Shanti Ordoñez, a Ravelry download: Be sure to check out the gallery to see all the gorgeous photos of this pattern!
- Crocodile Stitch Owl Holder by Virginia McCreedyCraft Notes: This clever pattern can be a container or a stuffed animal – and looks good either way!
Crocodile-Stitch Cowl by Carrissa KnoxPenelope Rae: This unique cowl features an easy on off button and oodles of fringe!This pattern is no longer free, but is available to purchase HERE. For a similar pattern that is free, check out the Triangular Crocodile Stitch Shawl on Undeniable Glitter!
- Crocodile Scarf by Cult of Crochet: The ethical – and hilarious – alternative!
- Crocodile Stitch Baby Blanket by Bonita PatternsBernat Free Online: Crocodile stitch, a ruffled edge, and a gorgeous ribbon – perfection!
- Dragon Tail Hat by Jen Spears, a Ravelry download: Change up the colors and it’s a beautiful flower! Clever!
- The Targaryen Dragon Scale Bikini Top by Kt Baldassaro, on Ravelry: I suspect this is more for lounging by the pool than in it, but if I could I would love to rock this little crochet bikini top!
- Crochet Crocodile Clutch Purse by Sara McFall, on My Merry Messy Life: I do so love a good clutch, and crocheted handles mean you already have everything you need to make this great bag!
- The Crocodile Flower Afghan Square by Joyce Lewis, a Ravelry download: Absolutely lovely in multicolor or monotone – a great addition to any blanket!
Have you made any crocodile crochet patterns before? Which are your favorites? What do you wish someone would design, using this interesting stitch? Share with us in the comments!