Love it or hate it, the crocodile stitch is one of the hottest stitches of the past year. It’s a tricky one, but it’s got a distinctive look and texture. Now there are dozens of tutorials and a wide variety of patterns available that use this stitch to it’s best advantage! And it’s still going strong. Today I’ve got a highly recommended video tutorial, a great photo tutorial, and 10 free crocodile stitch crochet patterns!
Crocodile Stitch Crochet Video Tutorial:
This one comes recommended by a Moogly fan!
Crocodile Stitch Crochet Photo Tutorial:
One of the best photo tutorials I’ve seen for the crocodile stitch is at My Merry Messy Life - and she’s got a great pattern for it too, included below!
10 Free Crocodile Stitch Crochet Patterns
- Rio Crocodile Stitch Scarf by Michael Sellick (from The Crochet Crowd), on Fave Crafts: Using a yarn with long color changes gives this scarf it’s great look!
- Crocodile Stitch Bag by Shanti Ordoñez, a Ravelry download: Be sure to check out the gallery to see all the gorgeous photos of this pattern!
- Crocodile Stitch Owl Holder by Virginia McCreedyCraft Notes: This clever pattern can be a container or a stuffed animal – and looks good either way!
- Crocodile-Stitch Cowl by Carrissa KnoxPenelope Rae: This unique cowl features an easy on off button and oodles of fringe!
- Crocodile Scarf by Cult of Crochet: The ethical – and hilarious – alternative!
- Crocodile Stitch Baby Blanket by Bonita PatternsBernat Free Online: Crocodile stitch, a ruffled edge, and a gorgeous ribbon – perfection!
- Dragon Tail Hat by Jen Spears, a Ravelry download: Change up the colors and it’s a beautiful flower! Clever!
- The Targaryen Dragon Scale Bikini Top by Kt Baldassaro, on Ravelry: I suspect this is more for lounging by the pool than in it, but if I could I would love to rock this little crochet bikini top!
- Crochet Crocodile Clutch Purse by Sara McFall, on My Merry Messy Life: I do so love a good clutch, and crocheted handles mean you already have everything you need to make this great bag!
- The Crocodile Flower Afghan Square by Joyce Lewis, a Ravelry download: Absolutely lovely in multicolor or monotone – a great addition to any blanket!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and now Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected].