Whether it is sock weather for you right now or not, it’s a great time to crochet a pair! Those who think socks can only be knitted might be in for a surprise with this roundup! Crochet socks make great gifts, and are the perfect small project to take with you on vacation – or on the daily commute. Here are 10 free crochet sock patterns to add to your crafting queue!
10 Free Crochet Sock Patterns
- Twisting Lace Socks by Patons, on Yarnspirations: Sizes S5/6 M7/8 L9/10 – These are for the intermediate to advance crocheter. And they’re gorgeous!
- Colorful Crochet Socks by Kathy Wesley, on Red Heart: Woman’s (US) shoe size 6 to 8 (8-1/2 to 10) – These are rated easy – it’s the yarn that does all the colorwork!
- Twist and Shout Socks by Lauren Irving, a Ravelry download: 7″, 8″ & 9″ circumfrence – Crochet cabling looks fantastic here!
- Crocheted Socks for Men by Sue Norrad, on Sue’s Crochet and Knitting: Foot length 10-12 inches – Gotta include this great basic men’s sock!
- Shell Socks by Julie Huston, on Treasures Made From Yarn: Custom sizing – Very cute! I just love shell stitches!
- Entrelac Sock by Jen Bianchi, a Ravelry download: NO LONGER FREE Small, Medium, Large/Mens – A great looking unisex sock!
- Knee Socks in Crochet by American Thread Company, on Grandmother’s Pattern Book: One size – I love these so much! Be sure to check out the Ravelry gallery for inspirations for these – so much better than the original photo!
- Lisbeth Socks by DROPS design: US 5/6½-7½/9-9½/10½; EU 35/37-38/40-41/43 – These are so sweet and feminine! Great fun!
- Triumph Crochet Socks by Victoria Selnes, a Ravelry download: Medium Womens – Love the spiral pattern!
- Sweet Feet by Julia Vaconsin, a Ravelry download: Adjustable sizing – I adore the lace tops on these – great for warmer months too! So pretty!
I’ve made plenty of crochet slippers, but I’ve never made crochet socks – yet! These crochet sock patterns have me feeling inspired though. Have you crocheted socks before? What did you think? Is there a great pattern I missed? Share it in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]