Throw pillows are one of the fastest (and cheapest!) ways to give your room an instant makeover. You can freshen up the look, add some personality, or just make it that much more posh. Crochet pillow patterns are a great choice – you can make something just right for your room, that really expresses your style. And you won’t see it on your neighbor’s couch a week later! Here are 10 great free crochet pillow patterns to choose from.
10 Free Crochet Pillow Patterns:
(Click the name of the pattern or the words in blue text – they’re links to the patterns!)
- Triangle pillow by Solveig Grimstad, on Solstrikke: I love the modern geometric lines and color palette of this crochet pillow pattern!
- Chevron cushion cover by Lisette Eisenga, on little Z handmade: Chevrons are still very popular for home decor, and this tutorial allows you to make one in any size!
- Harlequin Bolster Pillow by Julie A Bolduc, on JPF Crochet Club: This design is gorgeous, and the bolster shape is both attractive and functional!
- Ribbed Cushion Cover by HappyBerry: This pillow has a fantastic look – not too feminine, not too masculine. This is great in a neutral space as is, or add a bold color in place of the brown to liven things up!
- Pinwheel Pillow by Morgan Forrester, on The Loop: Morgan took the ultimate classic pillow pattern and updated it for today! Love these!
- Bulky Mountains by Jill Watt, a Ravelry download: These are whimsical, fun, and perfect for those who live in the mountains or just want to add a little scenery to the living room!
- Copenhagen Pillow by Yvonne Eijkenduijn, on Red Heart: I love these bold motifs! Use your decor colors for a custom look.
- Sweet Home Sweet Pillow by Purl Soho, on Purl Bee: Very simple to crochet, the key to this look is the embroidered letters! Photo tutorial included!
- Something Pretty, on millemakes: This feminine pillow is based on a thrifted blanket – and I love the colors on both the remake and the original!
- Crochet Owl Pillow by Leslie Glenn, on Mama G’s Big Crafty Blog: Perfect for bedrooms or living rooms – and super cute combined with the Bulky Mountains above! I see a whole scene…
There are also two free crocheted pillow patterns available here on Moogly – the Rainbow in the Clouds Pillow and the Bacon and Eggs Pillow! Have you crocheted pillows for your home before? Share your favorite pillow patterns in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! [email protected]