Recently I’ve been getting requests for men’s beanie and hat patterns. When I got the first couple, I thought I’d wait til closer to autumn. But then the requests just kept coming! There’s a driving need for men’s hat patterns striking world wide, and I’m here to answer the call: Presenting 10 free crochet hats for men!
10 Free Crochet Hats for Men
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Bright Stripes Beanie by Katy Petersen, on KT and the Squid: I love the colorwork on these!
- Basic Half Double Crochet Hat Pattern by Rhondda Mol, on Oombawka Design: The perfect hat for a guy who wants “just a plain hat” (I’m married to one of those myself)!
- Streetwise Brim Hat by Sharon Mann, on Red Heart: I love the look of the stitches in this one!
- Carmel by DROPS design: Youthful, slightly slouchy, and sure to appeal!
- Northern Stripes by Maria Bittner, on Pattern Paradise: Texture, stripes, and a great look!
- Brain Waves Beanie by Liz McQueen of Playin’ Hooky Designs, on Ravelry: I’ve made this one myself – a great pattern!
- No More Snow! a hat by Nina Leon, on Hookers Don’t Bite: I love love love this technique – it’s really catching on!
- BF Beanies by Heidi Yates, on Snappy Tots: Heidi has been featured on the Moogly Designer Showcase, and these fab hats are another example of why!
- Toboggan for Men with Optional Beard by Corina Gray, on Stitch11: For the outdoorsy type – or the guy who wishes he was!
- Raised Stripes Hat by Jessie Rayot, on JessieAtHome: A great look, with lots of sizes and color schemes to explore!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this men’s hats crochet pattern roundup! It was a fun collection to put together – I was able to include some great designers! There are also some free crochet hat patterns that work for men here on Moogly – be sure to check out the All Grown Up Striped Slouch Hat, Bobble Poof Earflap Hat, Men’s Cabled Golf Cap, and Leaping Stripes and Blocks Beanies!