The pineapple crochet motif is a crochet classic! A symbol of welcome and hospitality, the pineapple became a common theme in home furnishings and needlework. Crocheted pineapples were ubiquitous in the 30s and 40s, and had another resurgence in the 50s with the addition of Hawaii to the US. And then with tiki culture in the 60s, it just kept going and going! But just because it can be retro or vintage, doesn’t mean it’s stale – the pineapple is fresh, modern, and new in these 10 up to date and free pineapple crochet patterns!
10 Free Pineapple Crochet Patterns
Pineapple Lace Sunhat – The Summer Elegance Edition by “e” Lee, on The Crochet Lounge: Summery and modern, there’s a fantastic bag pattern to match!This blog is no longer available.
- Echarpe Soleil by Sylvine ASSELIN, on Sylvine en liberte: In French, but also charted – an experienced crocheter should be able to put this together without too much trouble! My high school French was sufficient to get the gist!
- Sidewalk Shawl by Kimberly K. McAlindin, on Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller:
- Pineapple Granny 12” Square by Priscilla Hewitt, on Priscilla’s Crochet: I’ve made this one myself, it’s a great intro to crochet pineapples!
- Shimmer Skirt or Poncho by Doris Chan, on Red Heart Free Website: Doris is known for her pineapple patterns – this skirt is fabulous!
- Pineapple Pendant Crocheted Necklace by Kayla Kramer, on Kayla K’s Thrifty Ways: Gorgeous!
- Pineapple Top by Simona Merchant-DestCascade Yarns Website: Pineapple turned sideways give this top a great look! In sizes XS to 4X!
- Short Sleeved Baby Cardigan by Sonea Delvon, a Ravelry download: Abridged pineapples make up the skirting of this sweet crochet baby sweater!
- Lacy Accent Doily by Bendy Carter, on Red Heart Free Website: Doilies made big with medium weight yarns are a hot trend!
- Pretty Pineapples Bookmark by Dionne Barratt, on Talking Crochet with Carol Alexander: Not sure if you’re ready for a whole pineapple project? Take just a bite and get an idea of how they taste with this quick bookmark!
My mother has a vintage pineapple blanket that’s been passed down through the generations, and I admire it’s delicate workmanship every time I see it. It’s a decades old piece, yet it would fit beautifully in any modern home! Pineapple crochet patterns are a motif that’s here to stay. I hope you have enjoyed this roundup and feel inspired – and not too hungry!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.