The pineapple crochet motif is a crochet classic! A symbol of welcome and hospitality, the pineapple became a common theme in home furnishings and needlework. Crocheted pineapples were ubiquitous in the 30s and 40s, and had another resurgence in the 50s with the addition of Hawaii to the US. And then with tiki culture in the 60s, it just kept going and going! But just because it can be retro or vintage, doesn’t mean it’s stale – the pineapple is fresh, modern, and new in these 10 up to date and free pineapple crochet patterns!
10 Free Pineapple Crochet Patterns
Pineapple Lace Sunhat – The Summer Elegance Edition by “e” Lee, on The Crochet Lounge: Summery and modern, there’s a fantastic bag pattern to match!This blog is no longer available.
- Echarpe Soleil by Sylvine ASSELIN, on Sylvine en liberte: In French, but also charted – an experienced crocheter should be able to put this together without too much trouble! My high school French was sufficient to get the gist!
- Sidewalk Shawl by Kimberly K. McAlindin, on Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller:
- Pineapple Granny 12” Square by Priscilla Hewitt, on Priscilla’s Crochet: I’ve made this one myself, it’s a great intro to crochet pineapples!
- Shimmer Skirt or Poncho by Doris Chan, on Red Heart Free Website: Doris is known for her pineapple patterns – this skirt is fabulous!
- Pineapple Pendant Crocheted Necklace by Kayla Kramer, on Kayla K’s Thrifty Ways: Gorgeous!
- Pineapple Top by Simona Merchant-DestCascade Yarns Website: Pineapple turned sideways give this top a great look! In sizes XS to 4X!
- Short Sleeved Baby Cardigan by Sonea Delvon, a Ravelry download: Abridged pineapples make up the skirting of this sweet crochet baby sweater!
- Lacy Accent Doily by Bendy Carter, on Red Heart Free Website: Doilies made big with medium weight yarns are a hot trend!
- Pretty Pineapples Bookmark by Dionne Barratt, on Talking Crochet with Carol Alexander: Not sure if you’re ready for a whole pineapple project? Take just a bite and get an idea of how they taste with this quick bookmark!
My mother has a vintage pineapple blanket that’s been passed down through the generations, and I admire it’s delicate workmanship every time I see it. It’s a decades old piece, yet it would fit beautifully in any modern home! Pineapple crochet patterns are a motif that’s here to stay. I hope you have enjoyed this roundup and feel inspired – and not too hungry!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.
Hi. I have been trying over and over to get the bag pattern, but for some reason, I keep getting a 404 error when it gets to PDF converter! I did the hat pattern with no problem. Help!
The bag by “e” Lee? You’ll want to ask the designer about that – I can’t do anything about her blog I’m afraid. I’d suggest asking her directly!
have you seen the most gorgeous pineapple edging on a granny shawl? I have been looking for it and did not bookmark it at the time,now I am desperately trying to find it! If you find it can you fb me,or gmail..thanks so much! (I’m the one who always says thank you Moo!)
The link to the Sidewalk Shawl does not work…here is the good one 🙂
Thank you, Kim 🙂
Thank you Kim!
Thanks so much for reposting these pineapple stitch patterns, Tamara. Besides your CAL and other projects I’m doing the Red Heart textured throw CAL. I was looking for a substitute square for the plain grannies that go between the textured squares. The pineapple afghan square is my pick! I love how it’s turning out. Thank you!
To match the necklace………….might want to try these: Pineapple Diamond Motif Earrings – by Mimi Alelis
My mother in law is looking for a pattern of a sweater that is the same stitch and all you have to do is to sew the sleeves up. Could you make a suggestion. She said it was an old pattern, like in 1917. Thank you
I’m sorry Sandra, I haven’t seen any older patterns like that, that I know of.
would like to receive the crochet patterns for the forwarding patterns as the are not able to be forwarded .thank you ever so kindly .
Hello Christine! Please click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pages. I cannot send you the actual patterns, as I do not own them and that would be theft.
I’m looking for patterns for crocheted pineapple blouses or jackets. individual or books. I’ve looked online but to no avail. Can you help me.
Hi Sue! Have you checked Ravelry? https://www.mooglyblog.com/find-patterns-ravelry/
I found a few there! 🙂