Baby booties are the perfect last minute baby gift. Nothing makes people squee more than teeny tiny shoes! They are fast, cute, and take relatively small amounts of yarn. And there are so many free patterns to choose from, in drastically different styles!
- Dainty Mary Janes - This free bootie pattern calls for fingering weight yarn, and translates the classic style beautifully. A great accompaniment to a sweet little dress!
- Simple Crossover Bootie - This pattern calls for DK weight but seems to have also been made with sport or worsted weight yarn with lots of success! Very simple but clever design done all in single crochet.
- Crochet Baby Sneakers - Aren't these amazing!? The original Russian pattern has been translated to English, and there are lots of pictures to guide you along the way. This pattern also calls for fingering weight yarn.
- Crocodile Stitch Baby Booties - The crocodile stitch is all the rage lately, and these modern baby booties are a great way to join in this fun trend. Just a bit of DK or sport weight yarn is needed.
- Crochet wrap around button infant boots - This worsted weight pattern from Ashlee Marie comes in both boys and girls styles. I love this look, and I'm betting the wrap around tops make for a great stay on fit. Excellent photo tutorial!
- Elfin Baby Booties - Know any fall or winter babies on the way? Or maybe mom and dad are big Legend of Zelda fans? These funny little elf booties are too cute! One piece of advice... if you like the parents, get silent bells! Worsted or aran yarn should work for these.
Molly's Mukluks - You have to register at CrochetMe and download an ebook to get this pattern, but it's all free and there are more very cute patterns bundled in the book. Some people seem to find this pattern confusing, so maybe hold off on this one if you are a beginner. These are made with worsted weight yarn.
Crochet Baby Cowboy Booties - This one has written instructions as well as this video to take you through every step! How cute would a little baby Halloween cowboy be? Worsted or aran weight yarn are recommended here.
- Princess Shoes - Another sweet little girl's shoe, this one is perfect for an everyday princess or Halloween ballerina! The ribbon keeps them on and the roses make them as sweet as can be. Fingering weight yarn makes up the body of the shoe.
- T-Strap Booties - These cute shoes are great in Sport or Worsted Weight yarn. Some people have even added felt soles! This site may require registration, but it's free and gives you access to lots of patterns!
There are many more free baby bootie patterns out there, and some super paid ones as well. Some are simple, and some are crazy complex, but all of them are so cute! What are your favorite baby gifts to make in a hurry? Do you have a favorite baby bootie pattern? Share it in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, sneak peeks, and share your thoughts! Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and now Tumblr – come join the fun!