*Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
This week's roundup is another reader request! Self striping yarns are uhhhhh-mazing. Color changes without ends to weave in? Check. Long repeats that can prevent weird pooling issues? Check. Multi-color projects without worrying about which colors go together? And check! The only downside is, it can be hard to find a lot of patterns written for these yarns in one place. So I asked my crochet designer friends to share best self-striping crochet patterns, and here they are - free crochet patterns for self striping yarn!
Free Crochet Patterns for Self Striping Yarn
(Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to the pattern pages.)
- Penelope Shawl by Carolyn Christmas, of Gourmet Crochet (on Craftsy): Gorgeous, easy, and affordable in Red Heart Unforgettable!
- A Maleficent Cowl by Mary Kathryn, on Crochet Chic: This uses the new Lion Brand Landscapes - so pretty! And only a little evil.* (*Not evil)
- Kaleidoscope Kallie Owl Pillow by Sheri Jepson-Weber, on The Country Willow: Isn't this lovely!? Owls are still has popular as can be, and this one uses self striping yarn to it's advantage!
- Honeysuckle Crochet Summer Hat by Kathy Lashley, on ELK Studio: In two great sizes, and in soft cotton it's perfect for chemo patients as well. <3
- Lorraine Ear Warmer by Jessie Rayot, on Jessie At Home: Quick and fun, and a great small project to make now and wear later! (Can you say stocking stuffer?)
- Summer Bucket Hat by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs Dog Clothes: Using Peaches & Creme Stars and Stripes - love this for all summer long!
- Crochet Flower Lattice Curtain Valance by Debi Dearest, on Dearest Debi: Self striping yarns and a gorgeous stitch pattern make this curtain an eye catcher!
- Tunisian Miter Squared by Kim Guzman, on Crochet Kim: Give a new Tunisian technique a try without worrying about color changes!
- Mango Salsa Scarf by Jennifer Dickerson, on Fiber Flux: Light and airy in sock yarn, so you can wear it year round!
- Desert Hope Slouch Beanie by Celina Lane, on Simply Collectible Crochet: Simple stitches that work together to create a unique look!
And there are 10 more patterns here on Moogly that are designed with self striping yarn in mind!
- Sunset Shawlette - featuring Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball
- Luscious One Skein Cowl, Hat and Mitts - featuring Lion Brand Unique
- Moroccan Midnight Cowl, Hat and Mitts - featuring Red Heart Boutique Midnight
- Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf - featuring Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable
- Ripple Puff Cleaning Cloth - featuring Lily Sugar'n Cream Stripes
- Stars and Stripes and Clusters Mini Mandalas - featuring Peaches & Creme Stripes
I hope you've enjoyed this roundup of free crochet patterns for self striping yarn! If you've got a collection request, please let me know!